The State of Connecticut, Department of Correction (DOC) is seeking highly motivated and experienced Principal Psychiatrists to join our Health Services team by providing mental services to our inmate population!
The CT DOC shall strive to be a global leader in progressive correctional practices and partnered re-entry initiatives to support responsive evidence-based practices aligned to law abiding and accountable behaviors. Safety and security shall be a priority component of this responsibility as it pertains to staff, victims, citizens and offenders.
Facilities with current vacancies include:
York Correctional Institution in East Lyme, CT
Manson Youth Institution in Cheshire, CT
Garner Correctional Institution in Newtown, CT
These vacancies are first shift, working Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Provision of high quality medical care is essential to to our mission of leading safe and secure facilities while ensuring the wellness of our inmate population, our staff and the general public.
What we can offer you:
Discover the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a 700 member team dedicated to improving the health of nearly 10,000 patients;
- Fulfill public service by providing clinical care to a vulnerable patient population;
- Work in a safe and collaborative environment with nursing and administrative support;
- Get clinical exposure to a variety of psychiatric diagnosis and/ with no managed care seeking to discharge from your care, have the chance to see the positive impact of your interventions of patients;
- Avoid hassles with insurance companies and billing requirements;
- Perform charting with modern electronic health records;
- Have malpractice insurance covered by the State of Connecticut.
State of Connecticut employees participate in a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- A hazardous duty pension plan (State Employees Retirement System Tier IV);
- Retire in 25 years - with pension & healthcare benefits;
- Excellent health benefits along with additional supplemental benefits;
- A fantastic work - life balance with a flexible schedule, on call and a manageable patient load;
- A challenging yet rewarding experience!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Incumbents in this class must possess and retain certification as a specialist in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or board certification in Adult or Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license to practice medicine and surgery in Connecticut. A temporary license may be granted for a period not to exceed one (1) year.
2. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain eligibility for participation in federal health care programs as defined in 42 U.S. 1320a-7b(f).
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain certification as a specialist in an area such as geriatrics, ABI/TBI, forensics, substance abuse, etc.