Program Manager, Early Childhood Center
Working at the Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) turns an interest into a passion, a hobby into a calling, an idea into reality. As a multi-faceted social services agency, with over 17 unique service areas spanning 6 different locations throughout the state, we let our mission guide the way. Regardless of your faith, we’re seeking highly committed, high-energy leaders to serve our members and bring our programs to life. Sound like something for you? Read on.
The Gan Ami Early Childhood Center in Whitefish Bay seeks an experienced and team-oriented individual to fill the role of Program Manager for our infants and toddlers age group.
The Program Manager provides administrative and direct support to Early Childhood Educators. This position will be expected to interact professionally with the children, families, and staff. This role will also be responsible for general office maintenance and organization, scheduling, admission support/tours, and supervision of groups of educators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide program and classroom administrative support as necessary, such as staffing, communications, and admissions.
- Supervise groups of Gan Ami educators, including reviews, classroom observations, in conjunction with oversight of Site Director.
- Occasionally provide direct classroom care on occasion as needed, ensuring scheduling cohesion.
- Complete accurate payroll/time sheet approval on a bi-weekly basis.
- Greet visitors in a professional, courteous, and timely manner and direct them to the appropriate person.
- Answer telephone calls and tactfully handles inquiries and/or refers to appropriate party.
- Organize and maintain employee files and child files and assist with record-keeping and licensing compliance.
- Provide general information and answer requests, including providing tours to prospective parents.
- Manage office items and ensure supplies are stocked and available for instructional and administrative purposes.
- Display a high level of integrity by maintaining the confidence of proprietary information.
- Protect all tangible and intangible organizational assets including proprietary software and databases.
- Assist with facilities issues as needed.
- Participate in professional development opportunities as pertinent.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- Assume responsibilities as assigned for JCC special events.
- Must actively promote and practice the organization’s Positive Rules of Communication.
- Perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements (KSAs)
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software: including MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated skills in effective organization, creativity, flexibility, and adaptability to changing environments.
- Possess knowledge of Jewish culture, values, and traditions as well as, ability to show sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Demonstrated flexibility and enthusiasm in work style and create a positive and harmonious workplace.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective time management skills and ability to understand individual work styles and its influence on the well-being of the Office of the President.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team with other staff members, HRS JCC members, and community members.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalency required.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 2-year experience providing administrative support in a childcare, daycare, or education setting (or equivalent experience) required.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Early Childhood Registry Certificate required.
What do we offer?
Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC offers a challenging, dynamic, multicultural work environment with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The JCC is committed to a culture that supports work-life balance, and invests in our culture by offering a generous paid time off package to full time employees. These include paid time for vacation, personal or sick days and paid observance of secular and religious holidays. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, participation in our defined contribution 403B pension with an Agency contribution, and Group Life and Disability Insurance after one year of service.
Uniquely JCC Benefits
- JCC Membership: Every active staff member receives full JCC membership at no cost, which includes member access to our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatics facilities in Whitefish Bay and summer membership to the JCC Water Park in Mequon.
- JCC Program Discounts: Employees receive significant discounts on virtually all programs offered at the JCC and are actively encouraged to participate in our early education, wellness, camping, cultural, and enrichment programs.
The JCC has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. This policy requires that all JCC employees verify they are fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (414) 964-4444 or contact us at hr at jccmilwaukee dot org.