Move to Include Project Manager
POSITION: Move to Include Project Manager
DIVISION: WXXI Television Department
REPORTS TO: Asst. VP, Television / Executive Producer
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
The Move to Include (MTI) Project Manager is an experienced, resourceful, detail-oriented, organized, and collaborative team member with excellent communication skills. Their primary role is coordinating the development, execution, and outreach efforts connected to the WXXI and Golisano Foundation MTI partner initiative.
THE MTI Project Manager manages all aspects of the grant delivery process, including planning, budgeting, coordinating, reporting on deliverables, creating assets, and overseeing and organizing events. They will also have direct supervisory responsibility for relevant employees and/or contractors. This position reports to the Asst. Vice President/Executive Producer in the Television Department but will be working with all departments within WXXI Public Media.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve as the primary point of contact and coordination for the Golisano Foundation and partner affiliate stations
· Oversee the MTI grant cooperative agreement and associated internal WXXI grant deliverables, timelines and budget
· Manage WXXI MTI content creation, educational assets, outreach, marketing and engagement efforts.
· Lead monthly internal WXXI grant project meetings and provide appropriate direction and ongoing feedback
· Create and execute an outreach and onboarding process to enlist new partner Public Media Organizations seeking to implement MTI locally (“partner organizations”)
· Develop and maintain positive relationships and clear communication with key points of contact inside new partner organizations
· Facilitate resources, training, process and instructional information to partner organizations
· Monitor the use and quality control of the Golisano Foundation and Move to Include logos and branding
· Provide updates on grant project status, next steps, and recommendations to the WXXI internal MTI team and the Golisano Foundation
· Schedule and conduct monthly update consulting communications with partner organizations – facilitating and tracking action items and strategic planning
· Identify any necessary research, specialized consultants or research development assistance needed to best create impact for the MTI initiative
· Create templates and assets in coordination with the Creative Services, Education, News and Production teams
· Coordinate quality control checks and review all grant materials
· Attend webinars and training sessions and report findings back to Asst. VP / EP
· Present MTI information and research at public media and other conferences, seminars, etc.
· Other tasks to support the MTI initiative and roll out as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
· Experience in and/or knowledge of public policy, social services, nonprofits, grant management and/or intergovernmental affairs preferred
· Prior experience in a project management role, handling large- and small-scale projects simultaneously, utilizing project management tools and methods for planning and implementation
· Strong planning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong outreach and collaboration skills. Ability to work collaboratively with team members in a dynamic environment
· Highly organized with superior attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
· Results driven and manages time effectively by prioritizing tasks, and managing competing priorities
· Applies new skills and concepts quickly and displays a willingness to learn Maintains a calm and positive attitude while meeting long lead deadlines
· Demonstrates flexibility in responding to business demands and varying requests
· Ability to understand and follow directions, policies & procedures, and work independently with minimal direct supervision
· Basic knowledge of budgeting and comfort with math, Excel, and financial statements
· Working knowledge of office applications and familiarity with online collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Suite, Google, AirTable, SharePoint, One Drive, Dropbox, Adobe PDF, DocuSign, Zoom, etc. is a plus
· Familiarity with online grant application processes is a plus
WXXI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition, gender identity or expression, carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.