Product Security Engineer Intern
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Workday’s Application Security team is responsible for the delivery of technical solutions, standards, and advice to empower Workday’s Product and Technology Teams to rapidly deploy secure software and solutions.
By joining the team, you can expect that you will make a meaningful contribution to the security of the Workday product. You can expect an inclusive, diverse, and fun team that will challenge you, support you, and help you grow.
About the Role
Workday is looking for engineers who are analytical and are interested in application attack methods. You should be familiar with the OWASP Top 10 and possess some knowledge of network or systems security.
As an Associate Product Security Engineer Intern in the Application Security team, you will be part of an outstanding team of security professionals with deep experience in application security. You will help drive security into Workday's technologies and ensure that our software and services are designed and implemented with security in mind. You will also assist in building, testing, and deploying tools and automation to enhance security across the Workday platform. In this role you will, you will have the opportunity to:
- Consult with product development teams to guide them in building secure software
- Ability to perform application security testing
- Analyze threats and vulnerabilities to determine security impact
- Assess the security of core platform infrastructure
- Build technologies to detect and prevent security vulnerabilities
- Analyze using Machine Learning Algorithms various logs using Big Data stack to detect attacks
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor, Master’s, or PhD degree, to which you will return to in Fall 2023
- Currently pursuing a major in Computer Science or a similar field
- Able to commit to a full time internship program during summer of 2023
- Literacy in at least one programing or scripting language : Python, Go, Shell, AWK
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Capable of understanding vulnerabilities and recommending solutions
- What Excites You: Ethical Hacking, Bug Bounty, Red Teaming, Offensive Security, Purple Teaming, Blue Teaming, Vulnerability Research, Exploit Writing, Data analysis/engineering
- Knowledge or experience with AWS or GCP
- Knowledge or experience with config management tools (Chef, Ansible, Terraform,etc.)
Workday Internship Program
Your future starts today. At Workday, we believe that the next generation of talent is essential to our success, which is why we seek hard-working students with open minds, new perspectives, and outstanding ideas to join our Internship Program. During the 12-week internship experience, you’ll make an impact at Workday by engaging in meaningful work, all the while forging professional connections, and strengthening your skills in an encouraging environment. Plus, did we mention one of Workday’s core values is fun?
The future is now. Apply today to launch your career as a member of the Workday Internship Program!
Workday is proud of its diverse workforce but does not sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visas that will require sponsorship now or in the future for these positions.