Internal Audit Summer Intern
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is one of the leading foreign banks serving large national and multinational corporations in the U.S. through its Global Banking and Markets, Global Transaction Banking and Wealth Management business lines. In the United States, Scotiabank has been operating for over 100 years and serves clients through teams of Relationship Managers and Product Specialists working together to offer multi-product solutions to clients' financial needs. In addition to our strong Corporate Banking experience, we offer an expanded U.S. equities platform and Global Fixed Income platform. We also have Primary Dealer status in several key countries including the U.S. Global Banking and Markets provides a full range of credit, risk management and investment banking products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients.
Our products include investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, debt products, derivatives, foreign exchange, and bullion & base metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by Scotiabank. As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences everyone brings to the bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Is this role right for you?
The U.S. Internal Audit Summer Analyst Program at Scotiabank is designed to introduce undergraduate and graduate students to the field of internal audit, specifically in assessing design and operating effectiveness of processes and controls in place for the various U.S. business lines and activities.
Our Summer Analysts will contribute to the success of the U.S. Audit Department by ensuring specific goals, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. They will also ensure that all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Summer Analysts must have a strong work ethic, be communicative, be accommodating and maintain extremely high professional standards. A Summer Analyst is typically involved in a few projects at the same time and will work with several senior group members responsible for different audit functions. Putting forth a strong and consistent effort is critical to the success and development of a Summer Analyst at Scotiabank
What will my responsibilities look like?
· Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Scotiabank relationships, systems, and knowledge through the following tasks
· Review and evaluate the business/IT control environment and provide assurance over the business/IT control activities.
· Develop and understanding of Scotiabank’s audit methodology
· Understand the business line or IT infrastructure and associated risks and processes for assigned projects
· Learn to audit (including determining audit objective and scope) and assist with execution of audit work
· Determine the efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, and reliability of internal controls in relation to defined control requirements
· Assist with issue identification and completion of audit reports.
· Manage time, take direction and guidance, demonstrate leadership abilities, communicate effectively
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
· Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree to be completed between December 2023 and August 2024 in Accounting, Economics, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office is necessary for the successful applicant.
· Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Time management skills to manage multi-functional accountabilities through prioritization, delegation, motivation, conflict resolution and the promotion of ideas
· For IT Audit applicants - technical infrastructure (Network, Database, and Windows) skillsets and experience of using automation and data analytics tools including SAS, ACL, advanced Excel, etc. is a plus
· The ability to quickly understand the risks associated with new products, processes, routines and formulates audit procedures to ensure that the controls are adequate
How to apply:
You must apply via the Scotiabank Career Portal and complete all steps outlined below to be considered for this position.
1. Fill out an application by clicking the “Apply” button.
2. Submit your resume and transcript as a single PDF when prompted.
3. Successful applicants will be contacted for next steps, including a video interview.
We thank all candidates for taking the time to apply; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As Canada’s Most International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.