Enterprise Credit Analyst Program - 2023
Enterprise Credit Analyst Program - 2023
Job Description and Program Overview
Our Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Enterprise Credit Analyst Program develops future leaders for our Enterprise Credit, Business Banking and Commercial Banking organizations.
The Enterprise Credit organization is an integrated underwriting, monitoring and product management division supporting Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Global Corporate & Investment Banking (GCIB), Global Markets, Global Wealth & Investment Management, Consumer (including Home Loans) and Small Business. It interfaces with an aligned, fulfilment and servicing function, supported by an independent risk management approval organization. The business facilitates a streamlined local delivery of credit that improves the customer experience and enhances employee productivity.
Business Banking serves mid-sized U.S. based companies, generally with annual revenues between $5 million and $50 million, by delivering innovative insights and strategic financial solutions to help companies improve cash flow, invest for the future and grow.
Global Commercial Banking serves clients with annual revenues of $50 million to more than $2 billion, by working to deliver a full suite of financial solutions, including the international needs of our clients' overseas subsidiaries.
The Enterprise Credit Analyst Program is a two-year program designed to give participants exposure to our Global Banking businesses: Enterprise Credit, Business Banking and Global Commercial Banking. Participants will complete the program working with one of the following Enterprise Credit business lines: (1) Bank of America Business Capital, (2) Commercial Real Estate Banking Credit, (3) Global Wealth and Investment Management Credit, (4) Global Corporate and Investment Banking Credit, (5) Global Markets Credit, (6) Commercial Credit, and (7) Consumer & Small Business Credit. The analyst program is designed to offer you broad and exciting exposure to the full breadth of our Global Banking businesses and emphasizes on-the-job training augmented by classroom instruction focused on technical, analytical, and professional skills. Your training and development are our top priority with extension formal training offered at the start of the program, in addition to on the job support and continued learning.
Responsibilities will vary depending on your group placement. However, as an analyst, you will predominantly focus on analyzing financial performance and operations / industry dynamics while monitoring client credit conditions and evaluating renewals, expansions, and new requests. Your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing industry, collateral, and financial trends of clients in various industries
- Partnering with experienced Credit Officers and Client Managers to evaluate credit risks, formulate the loan structure, and write the credit approval memo for loan modifications and restructurings
- Analyzing and updating pertinent data on collateral, financials, projections, covenant compliance, free cash flow, audit and appraisal statistics, and bank product exposure
- Reviewing field examinations and appraisals for collateral performance and valuation trends
- Analyzing clients' financial performance by comparing it to past performance, projections, and industry standards
- Spreading financial statements, assessing the client's compliance with financial covenants and confirming the accuracy of risk ratings or recommending changes as warranted
- Attending client meetings to develop a deeper understanding of the client's business, management team, and past and future performance
- Completing compliance-related tasks as requested by the portfolio management or underwriting team
- Assisting in the underwriting, credit risk analysis, negotiation, and closing of new transactions or existing transactions
Upon completion of the 24 month credit training program, analysts will be offered final placement in Enterprise Credit, Business Banking or Commercial Banking.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2022 and August 2023
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- A history of high achievement
- Interest in relationship management preferred
- Accounting and finance background a plus
- Confident and engaging presence
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data
- Strong understanding of financial statements, ratios, and concepts
- A client-focused mentality
- Technical skills such as Excel and PowerPoint are advantageous
Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.