U220105 - Digital Gift Officer - University Advancement
The Digital Gift Officer (DGO) is a key member of the dynamic and mission-driven University at Buffalo (UB) Advancement Team. In addition to joining UB’s talented team of advancement professionals, the DGO will have the opportunity to take part in a cutting-edge advancement program that will change the face of annual giving.
Two positions are available, one supporting general engagement of alumni and the Honors College and the second supporting the Health Sciences (Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences; Schools of Dental Medicine, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nursing, Public Health and Health Professions, and Social Work).
The DGO will:
• Focus on connecting UB’s communications efforts with fundraising workflows to engage and grow the next generation of supporters of the university.
• Focus on providing a first-class philanthropic experience for all donors, by leveraging digital and in-person engagement to effectively build relationships based on what truly matters to each individual supporter.
• Manage a portfolio of alumni and constituents, with clear metrics and goals for outreach, donor meetings, gifts secured, donor counts and pipeline growth, specifically focused on gifts of $1,000-$25,000.
This role is critical to helping the University at Buffalo achieve both its near-term annual giving goals and long-term fundraising objectives and to developing qualified major gift referrals. The incumbent should be a self-motivated professional with a team-first optimistic attitude, and an eagerness to learn and embody the UB spirit. They should be a results-oriented individual who is willing to engage alumni and UB friends at a high velocity and in a highly personalized manner.
Salary Range: $50,000-$65,000
Division of University Advancement:
Building stronger connections with UB’s 280,000+ alumni and donors worldwide is critical to the university’s goal: to situate UB among the nation’s top 25 public research universities. UB alumni and friends are grateful and generous, supporting the largest, most ambitious fundraising campaign the university has ever launched. Through Boldly Buffalo: The Campaign for UB, we seek to raise $1 billion. We invite you to join our University Advancement team and be part of our historic efforts.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
• A minimum of two years experience in a fund-development role, with demonstrated success in goal-achievement, planning and personal solicitation. Related experience in professional sales/marketing, financial planning/advising and other fields will be considered.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills across mediums, especially via video conferencing
• Strong collaboration and organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize effectively
• Strong work ethic with a desire to become a leader in the development space
• Able to handle confidential material responsibly and interact professionally with a wide spectrum of individuals
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.