Supervising Planner (Planner, Supervising)
Are you a strategic and innovative leader with experience in leading diverse teams?
Are you excited about infrastructure and environmental planning and applying your background to protect natural resources and public health and safety?
Do you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and building new processes with diverse stakeholders?
If your answers are yes, you may be the Supervising Planner we are seeking!
The City of Portland Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) is seeking a Supervising Planner to lead and supervise the core group of planning project managers in our Priority Area Planning Division. This position will both directly supervise and provide matrixed leadership to planners and staff managing infrastructure and natural resource planning efforts. As a member of the Integrated Planning management team, this position should be ready to think creatively and be committed to continuing to build the bureau’s business process in collaboration with internal and external partners.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead, manage, and provide expertise and guidance to plan managers across the division on infrastructure and natural resource planning projects critical to protecting public health and safety and the environment.
- Oversee the development and implementation of workload and project tracking tools to ensure successful and timely delivery of planning projects.
- Develop performance metrics to monitor planning efforts and progress toward meeting our goals around delivering equitable services and outcomes to the community.
- Identify, lead, and participate in process improvement opportunities both within Integrated Planning and across the bureau and support consistent process across planning efforts.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that planning projects meet bureau standards and identified needs.