Goodman Taft - Spring Internship for an Art Advisory & Curatorial Firm
Goodman Taft is an art advisory and independent curatorial consulting firm with a location in Cambridge, MA and New York City. We are looking for a part-time intern 2 days a week in our Cambridge location.
This position is paid.
Goodman Taft is seeking an intern for our part-time academic internship with a keen interest or background in contemporary and modern art, art history, or art management. The duration of the internship will allow interns to gain hands-on experience assisting the firm with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to art database entry, collating artist research, recent art world press, art fair preparation, general day-to-day duties, etc.
All part-time positions require a commitment of 16 - 24 hours per week.
The Duties & Responsibilities
· Assisting the Goodman Taft team in researching works and artists that interest our clients or our firm, including artist biographies, exhibition history, the framework where the artist fits within the art historical canon, artist images, and recent press.
· Manage the addition to and maintenance of the Goodman Taft Library.
· Entering information into our databases as well as updating the databases with the most accurate up-to-date information.
· Supporting our team with art fair preparation, corresponding with galleries, requesting gallery previews, processing booth materials, and assisting with forming of travel itineraries.
· Providing support with artists’ files.
· General administrative tasks to support our team.
We are looking for a team player with a willingness to take on a large variety of tasks that are dependent upon what needs to happen that day – big or small. Exceptional attention to detail is a must.
· A clear passion for Modern and Contemporary Art in particular, as well as the greater arts in general
· A strong interest and initiative to expand one’s art world knowledge
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to write in a clear and original manner
· Strong attention to detail
· Coursework in art history, museum studies, or arts administration is desirable; however not mandatory
· Candidates are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program and will be able to work part-time
· Must be able to work on-site.
This internship runs from the end of January-May. We ask for a commitment of 2 full days per week. Our interns are required to work on-site. The internship is paid a stipend commensurate with hours and experience. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Instructions for Application
The spring internship will begin the end of January in 2023.
Please submit a one-page document including a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: “2023 Spring Internship Cambridge”
Goodman Taft is a curatorial and advisory firm with a focus on contemporary and modern art. Our multi-disciplinary platform and rigorous research-driven approach allow us to engage deeply and broadly with the art of the twentieth century through to that of the present. For more information, please see www.goodmantaft.com.
Goodman Taft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.