P220423 - Research Support Services Administrator - SDM Research Administration
The University at Buffalo’s (UB) School of Dental Medicine (SDM) invites applications for a Research Support Services Administrator to work directly with our Office of Research Support (ORS) Director. This office provides the necessary infrastructure to aid our faculty, clinicians and researchers with their scholarly activities.
Reporting to the ORS Director, the primary duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Assist SDM faculty in budget preparation and justification; development of proposal checklists, timelines, and templates; format and review of application documents
- Develop a library of resources for scholarly activities
- Ensure compliance with University policies and regulations including external State, Federal and sponsor policies/regulations
- Act as a liaison between SDM faculty and staff, other University offices, external partners and funding agencies
- Work with the SDM communications team to maintain the ORS webpages
- Assist with organization of the annual SDM Student Research Day and administration of the Summer Dental Research Program
- Aid ORS office in purchasing for various programs that fall under this department
- Reconciliation of faculty accounts
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Associate’s degree with 2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Three or more years of grants management experience
- Proficiency in UB systems (e.g., ShopBlue, CLICK, SIRI, Concur) and electronic sponsor systems (e.g., eRA Commons, grants.gov)
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite of products
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong customer service skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, clinicians, researchers, and other non-technical personnel
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Special Instructions Summary:
In compliance with 10 NYCRR 2.61, Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.