Assistant Vice President of Community Programming
**Most positions offer a sign on bonus**
Join a group of talented, dedicated and diverse employees at an innovative agency with over 45 years of providing compassionate, client-centered behavioral health care!
We offer a competitive benefit package:
- Medical and Dental insurance coverage
- Licensure reimbursement
- NHSC/HRSA loan repayment program
- 12 paid holidays + Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Potential bonuses
- Life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Flexible savings account
Summary: Ensures the quality, continuity, regulatory compliance and fiscal accountability of service delivery in the Adult and/or Child divisions by providing clinical oversight, leadership and direction to the agency’s programs. Develops, implements, and participates in strategic planning to ensure system integration between inpatient, outpatient and community support services.
Essential Responsibilities and Target Outcomes:
- Provides clinical oversight and consultation to programs within the division and works with other managers to ensure integration of services across divisions in order to facilitate quality client outcomes in a fiscally responsible manner. Is on call and available for program and/or staff crisis, as appropriate.
- Works directly with Vice President, in developing goals and objectives, budgets, revenue targets, clinical programming and managing expenses for program areas under their supervision.
- Remains abreast of and ensures compliance with the requirements/regulations of funders, reviewers, licensors and accreditation bodies and 3 rd party payers; develops positive relationships with representatives from these entities.
- Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and protocol for high quality client care.
- Recruits, orients, trains and supervises program directors and staff. Identifies ongoing staff training needs and conducts staff performance appraisals.
- Ensures proper documentation of critical incidents and investigates and reports incidents to appropriate state and/or federal agencies, as needed.
- Participates in Quality Improvement initiatives by working with the Performance Improvement Department, and Vice Presidents on setting performance improvement goals and strategies and adjusting strategies based on outcomes.
- Chairs and/or participates in agency, system, regional and statewide committees as assigned related to client care, funding issues and system development.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, non profit and public service/government agencies to promote new and existing initiatives and programs
Education: Master’s Degree in behavioral health (psychology, social work, counseling, marriage and family therapy, alcohol and drug counseling).
Credentials and Licenses: CT Licensure in behavioral health discipline (LCSW, LADC, LMFT, LPC, PhD, PsyD) or license eligible obtaining CT license within 2 years of hire.; CT Driver’s License. Experience:
- Five (5) years of experience in behavioral health field inclusive of a minimum of two (2) years of behavioral health management experience within an adult mental health service agency setting.
- Experience working in an inner city and/or multi-service agency preferred. At least two (2) years of clinical experience with adults and/or children with severe and prolonged mental illness; two (2) years of demonstrated competency in clinical supervision.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in or the ability and willingness to learn how to use an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system including appointment scheduling, authorization tracking, assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, and discharge summaries