Finance Product Manager
As a product manager on our dynamic and driven team, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the product roadmap for the IT Finance organization in partnership with the internal Adobe Finance business unit (includes Procurement, Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Accounts Payable, Tax, Treasury, and other Controllership functions) by conducting stakeholder interviews, creating product timeframes and plans, and crafting strategies for new products that delight our customers.
The ideal candidate is an influential leader, has global business experience, with a knack for getting things done. You can separate what's important from what's urgent and find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of cross-functional stakeholders. You have successfully managed multiple software products through their lifecycle, and adept at driving communication, planning, measurement, and decision processes within the team and in partnership with key stakeholder organizations. You have deep experience working with Application, Product Engineering and Cloud-based teams that employ scrum and agile methodologies.
• Use data, customer and competitive insights, and industry wide best practices to identify Finance platform capabilities and user experiences that will deliver value to Adobe’s internal business customers
• · In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide Finance products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds.
• · Collaborate with finance business unit stakeholders, team members, and outside influencers to ensure a solid and well-rounded understanding of products and developing needs are met.
• · Partner with teams at various levels of the organization and from different parts of Adobe’s business to help define and drive a multi-year business capabilities roadmap & strategic vision for the broader Finance initiatives
• · Create business cases outlining projected impact for each initiative to be prioritized on the roadmap
• · Write detailed product requirements and end to end use cases to be used by engineering & design teams
• · Effectively present information to technical or non-technical audiences ranging from team level meetings through to Executive briefs and updates
• · Demonstrate functionality of completed products to internal team members and other stakeholders
• · Develop metrics to assess the success of products and features and determine necessary enhancements
What you need to succeed:
• 10+ years of proven work experience in product management, corporate finance solutions, managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle, development, and support of internally facing products preferred
• Ability to craft clear, compelling recommendations supported by strong analysis and business logic, and articulate them to the organization to gain support for recommendations
• Ability to articulate in documenting product requirements, writing functional specs and user stories including story acceptance criteria for the engineering team
• Solid business background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in financial applications such as ERP, Ariba, Concur and tax solutions. This includes managing system requirements, evaluating products and solutions, design, integration, implementation, and maintenance of corporate revenue applications.
• Well-versed in defining roadmaps and delivering with teams that employ agile software development methodologies
• Ability to assess and report on the results of initiatives versus their expected impact
• Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously in time sensitive situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work with technical and non-technical audiences as well as communicating as effectively to individual contributors as you do with executives
• Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong working relationships, build credibility and trust with team members and Senior Leadership leveraging a dynamic leadership presence