Pupil Services Specialist (12 Month)
Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference, do what you are passionate about and receive personal fulfillment? If you are that candidate, then we invite you to take this opportunity to join our team!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Children and Families (DCF), is seeking multiple qualified candidates to join our team as a Pupil Services Specialist. These positions are full time, first shift, 35 hours per week roles with a Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 3:30pm schedule. Additionally, these positions will be based out of our Central Office, 505 Hudson Street, Hartford, CT with expectations of statewide travel.
As a Pupil Service Specialist with DCF we will entrust you to provide support to the social work hierarchy in ensuring appropriate educational services. You will assist the social work team and members of the Regional Resource Group in a broad range of educational topic areas, including but not inclusive of the following:
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and all inherent components & associated guidance from the federal Department of Education (DOE), the Federal Office of Civil Rights within the DOE & the CT State Department of Education (CSDE)
- Current and existing CT Education Laws and Special Education Regulations (including interface w/ child welfare laws such as CGS 17a-16a) as well as recent Public Acts impacting education
- Scientific Research Based Interventions (SRBI) & progress monitoring.
- Statewide standardized assessments
- Bi-lingual and English Language Learner laws and services
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) presently termed the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Interface with the Local and Regional Education Agencies, Regional Education Service Centers and (RESC) CSDE Approved Private Special Education Programs (APSEP) within the DCF regional catchments
- Connecticut State Department of Education guidance documents and direct interface (with their Bureau of Special Education, Legal Affairs, Homeless Education, etc.)
- Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children - out-of-state CT placements and placements by other states into CT
State of Connecticut employees participate in a competitive benefits plan that includes:
- Excellent health and dental coverage
- A generous retirement plan
- Paid time off
- A healthy work/life balance!
We hope you take this opportunity to join our team and make an impact by serving your state!
Note: only those applicants who apply through the State of CT Online Employment Center will be considered for this opportunity.