Support Specialist, Partner Care - NBC Sports Next
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group,
world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We’re a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we’re fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what’s Next.
We are looking to fill a Support Specialist position on our Partner Care Support team. Our Team is responsible for consulting on all matters regarding our technology solutions which Partner Golf Courses use to successfully run their businesses. This role performs a large variety of tasks, acting as both an industry and technology consultant in providing elite service rarely found in the golfing industry. If you have a passion for solving problems and helping people improve their businesses, this is a great job for you.
- Be a resource for our customers by offering solutions to their technical challenges
- Offering exceptional customer service by speaking directly to golf course operators that use our proprietary software.
- Remote connect to customer PCs to provide training sessions, installation of software, adjust configuration settings, and/or identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Solve technical issues that may include tablet configurations, Windows printing, receipt printing, Bluetooth painting, port forwarding, resolving IP conflicts, and running basic SQL queries.
- Consulting clients on how to best utilize our software to maximize revenue and improve business efficiency.
- Serving our valued partners by establishing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Escalate issues to Golf Business Support Manager, assisting and assuring solutions are implemented
- Document pertinent information and investigation details in Salesforce cases
- Show initiative by making product suggestions or noting improvements in internal processes
- Tech-savvy with a working knowledge of MS Windows & Office, and an introductory or above understanding of networking, TCP/IP and LAN functionalities.
- Ability to rapidly learn our software and demonstrate competence with new technologies and software applications.
- High energy and engaging personality with patience for all levels of technology users required
- Experience may include any of the following:
- Technical background in a help desk environment that required customer service skills
- Education or degree in any of the following areas: Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Networking, Database Management, System Administration, Web Design/Development, CyberSecurity, Software Development, or other relevant technical areas
- Technical Certifications - CompTia, A+, Network+, Google IT Support Professional, etc
Additional Job Requirements
- Willingness to work as early/open and late/close shifts, including weekends, and overtime
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field preferred
- Owner of one or more of the following IT certifications: A+, Network+, MTA or higher.
- Prior experience with NBC Sports Next, GolfNow, or EZLinks software
- Administration, management, or support of point-of-sale software in a retail or F&B environment, and/or online reservation systems
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com
- Knowledge of golf preferred, with previous experience in golf and technology products
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills a plus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.