Foundation Partnerships Intern
UNICEF USA (UUSA) is a private, independent, U.S. nonprofit that exists to deliver impact for children. UNICEF USA advances the global mission of UNICEF by rallying the American public to support the world’s most vulnerable children. We are driven by a shared objective that every child is healthy, educated, protected, and respected. Headquartered in New York City, UNICEF USA has nearly 300 employees across the U.S. with nine regional offices. This year, UNICEF USA raised over $1B in private sector support, advanced legislation, and secured government resources to deliver impact for children. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Position: Foundation Partnerships Intern
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Foundation Partnerships team at UNICEF USA is seeking an intern to join the team for a virtual Spring 2023 internship. The Foundation Partnerships intern will work closely with the UNICEF USA Foundation Partnerships Manager, Deputy Director, and SeniorDirector to help support the organization’s Foundation Partnership strategy. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in the U.S. Foundations sector and familiarity with UNICEF’s mission and international presence. The internship will provide an opportunity to:
• Expand writing and research skills related to UNICEF core funding priorities and foundation partners including prospect research, analysis and reporting
• Play an active role in supporting partnership development with some of the largest Foundations in the United States
• Gain exposure to UNICEF’s programming and policy priorities
• Connect with a cohort of UNICEF USA interns for skill building and networking opportunities
• Meaningfully contribute to advancing UNICEF’s mission to relentlesslypursue a more equitable world for every child
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
1) Prospect Research
• Conduct research and build on current knowledge of potential prospects related to the thematic areas aligned with UNICEF’s initiatives and programmatic commitments; investigate new thematic areas as directed by the team
• Outline partnership development strategies for FY23-25 in the designated thematic areas based on prospect research and corresponding alignment with UNICEF work.
• Contribute to advancingthought leadership contentand supporting on eventlogistics in collaboration with UNICEF and internal partners.
2) Analysis & Reporting
• Analyze existing mapping of current foundation investment opportunities around UNICEF thematic areas to identify future investmentopportunities;make suggestions and updates to documentation, as necessary
• Explore data visualization projects using existing financial documentation and CRM database tools to provide insight into historical revenue analysis, thematic breakdown of revenue, new partnership development trends, budget growth over time, etc.
• Assist various team members with requirements around operations for grant management. This includes but is not limited to: supporting with organizational tools for knowledge management (Box, etc.); building and updating team manuals and user guides with a quick reference and FAQ.
• Manage team databases; support the rollout of new business processes; develop training materials for team members and plan related to team activities.
• Must be an undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in a college or university degree program
• Must be a highly motivated team player who enthusiastically embraces the mission of UNICEF and UNICEF USA
• Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
• A demonstrated interest in the U.S. Foundations sector and familiarity with UNICEF’s mission and international presence.
• Excellent writing and research skills (writing sample required if the interview is successful)
• Strong interest and knowledge of international development and/or international relations
• Knowledge about U.S. Foundations, and preferably foundations that support international causes
• Strong self-initiative with a natural curiosity for idea exploration
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills are essential
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Preferred skills in data visualization with MS Power B
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UNICEF USA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. UUSA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.