Associate - Energy Economics and Evaluation
Industrial Economics, Incorporated (IEc) provides consulting services for natural resource managers, regulators, attorneys, and other clients involved in public policy development and implementation. Our staff applies expertise in economics, science, engineering, business, computer modeling, and data management to cutting-edge environmental and natural resource policy and management issues. We are known for developing smart, objective analyses to address high-profile environmental and public policy problems, leveraging a unique combination of analytic rigor and creativity.
Position: Analyst to support program evaluations and related economic and policy analyses, focused on energy efficiency, clean energy transition, resource planning, and energy markets.
Responsibilities: IEc Associates design project methodologies, gather and analyze data, develop and apply economic models, write reports, present findings, and generally assist clients in refining solutions to resource management and policy problems. Associates focused on energy economics and evaluation will help policy-makers, NGO, and utility clients evaluate approaches to clean energy development, markets for new technologies, and assess the impacts of energy efficiency programming, among other energy sector analyses. Consulting work at IEc requires attention to detail, asking questions, strong communication skills, and organization skills, including ability to work independently, plan project schedules, and meet deadlines. Associates typically work in project teams, managing the efforts of research analysts and other support staff while coordinating with experts in related disciplines.
• A Master’s degree or PhD (or international equivalent) in economics, public policy, environmental management, energy engineering, or related fields such as statistics or data science.
• Advanced Excel and R programming skills.
• Knowledge of energy efficiency and clean energy technologies and markets.
• Either economics analysis experience or program evaluation experience.
• 1-3 years of previous, relevant work experience.
Compensation and Advancement:
• IEc offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an annual performance bonus. We are committed to the health and well-being of our staff and provide excellent benefits, including quality health insurance with contribution to a Health Savings Account; generous contribution to retirement savings (based on tenure); an Employee Assistance Program; flexible vacation/holiday time; financial support for relevant professional development opportunities; sick time and short- and long-term disability; paid family and medical leave; commuter benefits; recreational and social opportunities; and more.
• IEc is committed to the professional development of our staff and offers advancement opportunities for Associates.
Position Location: IEc office is located in Cambridge, MA; staff location is flexible
Position Start Date: Immediate and spring hires
For more detailed information and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.indecon.com/open-positions