AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator - Hurricane Harvey Recovery
What would you be doing?
● Conduct outreach activities with the goal of recruiting more volunteers.
● Respond to volunteer requests, questions, or general inquiries via email and phone in a timely fashion maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
● Coordinate logistics for multiple volunteer groups and serve as the point of contact for current, previous, and future volunteers and groups.
● Accurately document and track all volunteer records including contributions, feedback, communication, and trip logistics with strong attention to detail through the use of software such as Google Sheets, Salesforce, and Formstack.
● Deliver compelling volunteer orientations that articulate the enduring needs of our clients to as many as 150 volunteers at a time.
● Engage with previous volunteers and groups by regularly communicating about upcoming events and ongoing needs in the communities we serve.
● Participate in outreach and planning for volunteer special events that support the goals of the AmeriCorps project.
● Support fundraising efforts that meet the goals of the AmeriCorps project. (This will account for less than 10% of a member’s total hours.)
● Meet weekly with the Volunteer Manager to discuss goals, priorities, professional development, and any other issues and be open to regular coaching and feedback.
● Adhere to SBP’s Construction Manual and Safety Protocol and participate in regular safety training.
● Participate in September 11th Day of Remembrance and Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service events, which may take place on a weekend or during holidays and include activities outside of the scope of typical day-to-day functions.
Houston members may also serve in SBP’s Opportunity Housing Program in addition to working with home repair clients. The Opportunity Housing Program provides affordable, storm-resilient, energy-efficient homes for sale and rent to lower-income residents, to help them build resilience before disaster strikes. AmeriCorps members will gain valuable experience in how to redevelop neighborhoods and build housing that is affordable and resilient.
SBP AmeriCorps Benefits:
- Monthly stipend of $2,100
- Free individual health insurance
- A housing stipend of $175/month for AmeriCorps alumni
- Relocation reimbursement of up to $500 for eligible members
- Segal Education Award of $6,495 (Can be used as tuition assistance and/or for repaying qualified student loans and is awarded upon successful completion of a 10-month term of service)
- AmeriCorps Childcare Benefits Program
- Student loan forbearance for qualified loans
- Free Mental Health, Financial, and Legal support through the Member Assistance Program
When would you start?
- We have rolling start dates throughout the year! Submit your application now and one of our recruiters can talk to you about upcoming start dates. AmeriCorps team members commit to a 10-month service term.
Want to learn more?
- Watch SBP's Anthem video to hear how we are helping prevent people from reaching their breaking point.
- Watch this video to learn What is AmeriCorps?
As an AmeriCorps member serving with SBP, you will be part of the growing national service movement. You will receive professional development with a dynamic social-impact organization that is pioneering a new model for disaster recovery to support people, especially those who are most vulnerable to the effects of climate change. If you’re committed to learning, have a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with volunteers, we want you on our team!
Apply now at: https://sbpusa.org/get-involved/americorps
COVID-19 Safety Statement: SBP requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all team members. SBP team members closely interact with vulnerable populations. As such, we have an obligation to ensure that no team member poses a direct threat to the health or safety of our clients, themselves, or others in the workplace. All vaccinated team members will be required to submit photocopies of the front and back of their vaccination cards prior to onboarding with SBP.