Summer 2023 Intern - Public Relations, Social Media & Events
As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our summer program offers a 10 week fully immersed paid virtual experience. You will be assigned a day-to-day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
ALSAC Summer Intern Innovation Project: ALSAC was named No. 1 on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Best Workplaces for Innovators. Throughout the internship, you will have a chance to connect with innovators from across ALSAC and use Design Thinking to solve for some of our most critical areas of opportunity. Interns will work in teams, be creative, and participate in weekly sessions preparing them to present their solutions to ALSAC’s CEO and members of our Executive Leadership Team.
- Start Date: June 5, 2023
- End Date: August 12, 2023
- Hours: 40 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
- Pay Rate: Based on work location
- Work Location: Territory Office in Norfolk, VA
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills
Work with Enterprise Content Team to create and produce multiplatform content for new storytelling website, such as photos, video, audio.
- Assisting with Corporate Development research in across Virginia as well as assisting to make connections and set meetings for the team
- Building a pipeline of Silent Auction solicitations from local businesses, securing and organizing items for online auctions/Gala/Golf tournaments
- Overseeing the content for Virginia Market social media pages (Instagram and Facebook)
- Analyzing past Walk/Run teams and participant lists to return for September 2022 event
- Prospecting NEW teams and assisting with the registration process
- Organizing event logistics and details for large Walk/Run fitness event in September
- Assisting with mailings including post cards, handwritten cards and emails to Walk/Run past participants and prospects
- Working with our Fitness, Dream Home, DGG program(s)
Majors preferred: Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, Communications, and any other related major
Skills preferred: Experience working with social media platforms, Microsoft Suite, Marketing and Communication skills, ability to collaborate, event planning knowledge