Grant Writer & Policy Coordinator
This position plays a critical role in coordinating and development of grants to identify funding opportunities related to the mission of the City of New Haven. The Grant Writer and Policy Coordinator will effectively be the face of the City, writing and submitting grant applications per federal, state, and private agency guidelines, while determining feasibility, and ensuring grant applications are submitted in a timely fashion.
The position requires working independently and operating with discretion during early phases of planning strategies related to the organization’s mission. The incumbent must demonstrate strong capacity for grant policy recommendations, and exceptional interpersonal skills to work with City of New Haven Coordinators, Department Heads, Fiscal Staff and working relationships with external groups.
Work is carried out under the direction of the Mayor and Budget Director with latitude for professional and administrative judgement and initiative in planning strategies and implementing grants. Work is evaluated through reports and conferences.
Hybrid remote options may be available once work routines are established.
Minimum requirements include:
Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, or a related field; three to five years of experience in grant writing.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements for grant submissions and contractual processes.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration.
- Knowledge of operational procedures within government organizations.
- High level of independent research skills.
- High level of oral and written communication skills, including public speaking skills.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this title, you must apply during the posting period via the online application portal.
2) First-time users will click "New User Registration" and create your Applicant Profile
3) Click on available job postings and Apply Online. You will need a valid, working email address to apply.
Please note that our method of communication with applicants is by email. In the application process, please provide us with a valid email address, and ensure you monitor your email, including spam or junk, for correspondence from our department.
If you experience technical difficulties in the online application process, please contact our office at 203-946-8252 or email NHJobs@newhavenct.gov.
Accepting applications through 12/09/2022, but may be extended