This is a full-time position at the City of New Haven Health Department that is responsible for performing a variety of reception, registration and clinical functions that support patient flow and patient care within the Health Department’s clinic-, school-, and community-based clinics.
- Provides receptionist support (i.e., answers calls, schedules and confirms medical appointments, register and check patients in and out of clinic, and data entry).
- Assists with scheduling and staffing community-based vaccination and health screening clinics.
- Utilizes Department’s electronic health record.
- Collects fees for services and generates daily financial reports.
- Conducts hearing and vision screenings in clinic-, school-, or community-based settings.
- Performs routine tests (including EKGs and pulmonary function) to assist in clinical assessment.
Associates Degree in nursing, public health, or related field, preferred. Two to three years’ experience or training in medical office setting or urgent care facility, public health, nursing, emergency response, or related field, required.
- Ability to read and write English required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of health conditions.
- Common knowledge of the cause, transmission, and prevention of infectious diseases.
- Experience utilizing electronic health records
- Knowledge and use and care of medical equipment (i.e., EKG machines)
- Ability to conduct hearing and vision screenings.
- Ability to conduct CLIA-WAIVED tests (lead, HIV, HCV, rapid syphilis screenings)
- Ability to perform phlebotomy.
- This position may occasionally require work to be performed outside of the traditional 9-5 schedule.
- Must have and maintain valid CT drivers’ license.
- Graduate of Certified Medical Assistant Program. Certification is required.
- Must have and maintain phlebotomy certificate.
- Must have and maintain certification in basic life support and first aid.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this title, you must apply during the posting period via the online application portal.
2) First-time users will click "New User Registration" and create your Applicant Profile
3) Click on available job postings and Apply Online. You will need a valid, working email address to apply.
Please note that our method of communication with applicants is by email. In the application process, please provide us with a valid email address, and ensure you monitor your email, including spam or junk, for correspondence from our department.
If you experience technical difficulties in the online application process, please contact our office at 203-946-8252 or email NHJobs@newhavenct.gov.