Project Manager Engineering
This is advanced professional and supervisory work in the field of civil engineering.
Work involves the performance and supervision of a variety of complex engineering duties associated with the planning, location, design, construction, maintenance or operation of roads and bridges, buildings, sewage treatment plants, sewers, and other civil engineering projects. Work is assigned by an administrative superior and limited, general supervision is received; work is evaluated through conferences, reports and inspections.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS include:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with specialization in civil engineering; and 4 to 7 years of responsible experience in the specialty; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Thorough knowledge of the engineering principles and practices applied in the planning, location, design or construction of civil engineering projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices applied in the inspection and testing of materials used in the construction of civil engineering projects.
- Considerable knowledge of engineering-surveying.
- Considerable knowledge of soils and materials testing and research.
- Ability to perform all the algebraic and trigonometric computations applied to engineering surveying and design operations.
- Ability to prepare, interpret and utilize civil engineering plans, maps, specifications, and reports.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of professional engineers and technical assistants.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Connecticut or eligibility for registration within one year of appointment.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this title, you must apply during the posting period via the online application portal.
2) First-time users will click "New User Registration" and create your Applicant Profile
3) Click on available job postings and Apply Online. You will need a valid, working email address to apply.
Please note that our method of communication with applicants is by email. In the application process, please provide us with a valid email address, and ensure you monitor your email, including spam or junk, for correspondence from our department.
If you experience technical difficulties in the online application process, please contact our office at 203-946-8252 or email NHJobs@newhavenct.gov.
Accepting applications through at least 12/23/2022