Medicaid Capacity Planner
The Bureau of Equitable Health Systems (BEHS) in the Center for Health Equity and Community Wellness (CHECW) for the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) consists of a multi-disciplinary team that aims to engage primary care providers, hospitals, and other healthcare systems to implement evidence-based strategies; leverage information to support planning and technical assistance for providers and payers; advance policy to close the racial equity gap for priority health outcomes; and surface opportunities where health care can influence and connect individuals to social support and address the whole person, beyond physical ailments.
The mortality experienced due to COVID-19 made visible the inequities that low-income patients experience in accessing the healthcare system; as well as the marginalization of essential healthcare workers. As we move forward towards an equitable COVID-19 recovery, we need to develop innovative solutions to improve the performance, equity, and efficiency of the healthcare delivery system.
In this context, BEHS is looking to recruit a highly collaborative, experienced, and creative Medicaid Capacity Planner to lead the work to assess the healthcare and social service capacity available in NYC and create minimum targets to decrease disparities to access services. Capacity includes availability of clinical and social service providers and social care goods. The ideal candidate will bring to DOHMH a clear vision for the system and solid foundations for an operationalization plan.
· Lead the creation of a politically feasible vision for minimum level of healthcare and social care capacity for NYC neighborhoods with highest volume of Medicaid enrollees.
o Determine a roadmap for inventorying and establishing minimum levels of services based on feasibility and relevance to decrease inequities in healthcare
o Staff the initial stages of the roadmap through matrixed internal research teams and academic partnerships
· Collaborate with external partners to obtain:
o Inventory of housing services for the general population, with a focus on housing services available to those with medical or functional needs
o Key-workforce/skill estimates
· Collaborate in planning efforts to ensure the full capacity of the system is utilized by Medicaid enrollees.
· Others as assigned by supervisor
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare capacity planning
- Knowledge of social services sector
- Strong network of healthcare and/or social service planners in NYC