Data Analyst Student Intern (9029)
Work for Our Water Resources.
Help protect one of Florida’s most vital resources — water — with a career at the Southwest Florida Water Management District (District).
The District is a government agency whose mission is to protect water resources, minimize flood risks, and ensure the public’s water needs are met. We serve a population of nearly 6 million people in west-central Florida as directed by state law.
Join our Engineering and Project Management Bureau
Support the District’s Engineering and Project Management Bureau managing multiple tasks and priorities in fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You will be responsible for assisting with statistical analysis, data collection, and other tasks associated with District projects and programs. The Data Analyst Student Intern will assist with the processing and evaluation of data in the District’s project management information system (Daptiv PPM) and will provide assistance to other sections within the Resource Management Division as needed. Tasks will include activities such as administrative processing, calculations, GIS processing, map creation, database entry, and data collection.
For helping to maintain our valuable water resources as a student, we offer:
- Training and Development: Having a successful career takes more than technical training. The District helps our staff develop additional skill sets, such as emotional intelligence, time management, customer service, conflict resolution, communications and more. As an intern, you are eligible to attend these on-site trainings.
- Employee Assistance Program: Provides confidential assistance and support in a wide variety of areas important to an employee’s well-being, including but not limited to work and life balance, stress management, coping with family issues, financial advice, legal and workplace problems, addictions, student loan assistance and any other personal issues adversely affecting quality of life.
- Wellness Program: Your Health Matters is designed to encourage employees to engage in healthier lifestyle behaviors through the achievement of health and fitness goals. The program includes classes on health and fitness topics, District campus walking routes, a fitness challenge, tobacco-cessation resources, an ergonomics program, discount programs, incentives and other resources. Participation in wellness program activities is voluntary.
Compensation: $14.74 hourly
- Compile data, perform appropriate analyses, developer produce reports, maintain databases, and prepare data for presentation
- Assist with processing project manager and section manager requests
- Assist in the evaluation of project management processes, project cost effectiveness of completed, existing, proposed, or potential District programs
- Identify data gathered and analyze data flow for developing efficiencies, solutions, or alternative methods to improve data quality and data reporting
- Maintain a positive and self-motivated attitude towards conducting data entry and developing tables and charts
Most work is conducted in a standard office environment. This position requires the ability to perform continuous repetitive tasks (to include keyboarding) with one or both hands. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds. Must be able to operate a District vehicle for two hours or more at a time. May be exposed to extremes in temperature and humidity, as well as a variety of pests, including mosquitoes and ticks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work environments vary by assigned business unit.
Required Credentials for Data Analyst Student Intern
- Be at least part-time and currently enrolled in High school, an accredited college, university, or other recognized educational or vocational program
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students or minimum GPA of 3.0 for graduate students
- Upload Unofficial Transcript to application or profile
- Have the availability to work near the maximum allowable hours weekly
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Credentials for Data Analyst Student Intern
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with data collection, data entry, or database management
- Preferred Degrees: Engineering, Geology, Business
- Preferred Degree Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
The District will determine eligibility for employment solely from the information provided on a District employment application. All applicants are required to complete, in full, a District employment application. Any application that is not complete will not receive consideration for the position. A resume will not be considered as a substitute for the information requested on the application for purposes of qualification.
This position is typically scheduled to work no more than 25 hours per week between Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, out of the Brooksville, FL or Tampa, FL office. Schedule is contingent upon the decision of the hiring manager and the successful candidate.
Yes. Infrequent travel, using a District vehicle, within District's coverage area
Accepting applications until December 16, 2022 at 4:00 PM
Managing the water resources for west-central Florida, our district includes approximately 10,000 square miles of territory spanning 16 counties and serving more than 5 million residents. Established in 1961 as a flood-protection agency, our objective is to meet the needs of current and future water users, protect and preserve our water resources, manage the water supply, protect water quality, and preserve water-related functions.
The District prides itself on providing a positive work flexible environment that engages and supports our employees. This could be the opportunity of a lifetime. Click on the link to apply and put yourself to work for our water resources.