Electrical Equipment Engineer
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
EAG Laboratories is looking for an Engineer who will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of EAG’s analytical instruments and ancillary equipment located at the Sunnyvale, California lab. Experience with circuit design, board design, component level troubleshooting for equipment or instrumentation is desirable.
This position could require periodic travel to other EAG laboratories to include Minneapolis, Shanghai, Taiwan, Sunnyvale, El Segundo and occasional travel to other sites.
This role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: a U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Perform and log routine/preventive maintenance on instruments and peripherals according to maintenance plan/schedule.
- Troubleshoot and debug electronic circuitry (analog/digital)
- Perform circuit design, schematic capture and board level design.
- Find new sources or develop/design upgrades for obsolete parts and assemblies.
- As an electrical engineer, provide technical support and training to other service team members.
- Maintain and organize adequate stock levels of spare parts and peripherals.
- Maintain, organize, and create technical documentation, procedures, schematics, work instructions, and parts lists.
- Provide timely updates to management in the form of status reports and service reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of computer-based service management system.
- Assist and support facility/infrastructure when needed to maintain suitable working environment for instruments.
- Must have a BS in electronics, electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of complex circuit design, schematic capture, board level design
- Strong problem investigation and resolution, debug and electronic troubleshooting experience.
- Must be highly skilled in proper use of tools of trade.
- Able to operate independently and as part of team.
- Provide and follow written and verbal instructions, effectively utilize multiple forms of communication (e-mail, phone, etc.)
- Maintain a professional and cordial manner towards co-workers, vendors, and customers throughout the daily execution of duties.
What sets you apart:
- Experience with Cameca and Physical Electronics systems a plus.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a 100% match with the position. We are looking for someone with relevant skills and experience, not a checklist that exactly matches the job description. We want to help you grow and in return, you help us grow into a stronger, more inclusive organization.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
• Teamwork: be inspired by your leaders, be encouraged by your teammates, and be supported in all parts of your journey while you work with us.
• Learning & Development: take on career development programs and goal setting to create big possibilities for your career and life. Develop within the company; be mentored and grow as a leader.
• Diversity & Authenticity: we work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Benefits & Perks to Foster Work/Life Balance:
✓ Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
✓ 401k Company Matching
✓ Paid Time Off
✓ Wellness Program
✓ Education Assistance
✓ …and more!
Eurofins EAG Laboratories is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace environment and is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), disability, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. The Company’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer all employment-related matters based on an individual's qualifications, abilities and efforts without regard to protected status.
Eurofins is a Gender, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
If you enjoy being immersed in technology, tackling problems head-on, finding solutions through teamwork, and taking pride in accomplishments, join us today!