Program Assistant, CradleME
MCD Global Health
105 Second Street, Suite 2A
Hallowell, ME 04347
Do you have a background in office and administrative support? Are you interested in a rewarding career with our Public Health Division? Then this is the right opportunity for you to join our team.
MCD Global Health is a nonprofit global health organization recognized in the United States and around the world as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner.
Our Vision & Mission:
We envision a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being. MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people worldwide through enduring, high-quality, cost-effective, and universally accessible public health solutions.
This position provides office and administrative support to the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Referral program requiring operation of office equipment, knowledge of office processes, and diverse clerical functions.
This position will be a hybrid position with at least two days physically onsite in the Augusta Maine CDC office.
1.Create and use varied correspondence formats and compose standard business correspondence
2.Create basic graphics/illustration/publication work to produce informational materials including maps, charts, and graphs involving drafting, formatting, illustrating, lettering, and manipulating text and graphics in electronic and written form.
- Receiving MCH faxes and entering data into MECDC and PHN tracking and electronic medical record to open cases.
- Presenting referrals to Intake Referral Nurse for designations, then entering designations into spreadsheet.
- Forwarding faxes to the appropriate service provider based on the outcome of referral triage.
- Following up with a phone call to the service provider, if requested, to verify the fax was received.
- Responding to incomplete faxes with a request to the service provider for completed information.
3. Create and use varied correspondence formats and compose standard business correspondence.
4. Create basic graphics/illustration/publication work to produce informational materials including maps, charts, and graphs involving drafting, formatting, illustrating, lettering, and manipulating text and graphics in electronic and written form.
5. Develop and use computerized formats and/or graphics for forms, pamphlets, graphs, charts, tables, and/or maps.
6. Examine documents/information, determine facts, detect errors and irregularities, and take action as authorized
7. Write regular and/or periodic reports.
8. Work collaboratively with the Public Health Nursing Office Associate II to perform MCH related task.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Skills:
Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required. Equivalent related work experience may be considered. Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills and cultural competence are essential. Working knowledge of all current Microsoft Office software programs, as well as any other software programs necessary to perform the job.
Apply for this position by clicking the link below:
Medical Care Development Global Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.