Systems Engineer Model Based
Systems Engineer - Modeling 2
The Wingbrace Engineering Technologies Department is charged with identifying, developing and applying new technologies that can address the Government's most challenging software and systems engineering problems.
Wingbrace is growing again !! We are looking for an additional 3 more Systems Engineers to join our team.
Wingbrace is profitable. We offer 3 weeks Vacation, Sick time, Health,Dental and Vision all on the first day of your employment. A 401k plan with 4% match, 10 holidays, 2 floating holidays. A bonus program, Tele health / Mental health coverage to name a few of our benefits.
This is an opportunity for software and systems engineers who are highly motivated, innovative and self-directed. This position provides challenging opportunities to apply and expand one’s systems architecture experience, modeling and analytical skills. Specific areas of responsibility include software and system architecture capture, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) development, systems of systems modeling, simulation and co-simulation, data analytics, data visualization, analysis of complex systems, and decision support.
Day to day responsibilities
As a Systems Engineer, you will have the opportunity to leverage and grow your engineering expertise by:
- Modeling architectures of complex systems using the best-in-class digital engineering modeling notations (UML, SysML, UPDM)
- Programming system parametrics and simulating system performance characteristics using tools like MATLAB and fit-for-purpose simulation applications
- Supporting development, configuration management, requirements management, and maintenance (defect resolution + enhancements) of MBSE (UML, SysML, UPDM) artifacts, model interfaces and modeling tool updates for multiple baselines through full lifecycle of product development--architecture and design, through integration, test, acceptance and field support
- Translating customer needs and future goals into a plan by crafting model-based approaches and evolve them with advanced technology solutions
- Plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex systems solutions
- Assisting with the identification of mission assurance risks, impacts, and artifact generation for compliance
- Supporting analysis and developing actions to address gaps
- Supporting requirements management, interface management and architecture change management processes using best-of-breed tools like Rational DOORS and Siemens Teamcenter
- Developing a data analytics pipeline using data lake and data warehouse architectures with data analysis (Python, R) and visualization
- Developing and driving model taxonomy and ontology consensus with stakeholders
- Estimating, planning, scheduling, and executing data engineering activities
- Engineering support for proposal efforts
- Organizing work activities, monitoring and mentor teammates, clients in the development of modeling artifacts
- Assisting with stakeholder communications, responses to taskers, participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), briefing external organizations and preparing technical assessments (e.g. trade-offs and gap analysis)
- Assisting with preparing status reports and transferring knowledge to Government clients
- Must be a US citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a US DoD clearance within first year of employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or any bachelor’s degree with demonstrable experience in software development
- 0-5 years of experience with product development or systems engineering and integration projects
- Experience via and Internship, or work in Model Based Engineering
- Experience developing and documenting systems design using Unified Modeling Language (UML) or Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- Demonstrated proficiency and strength in verbal, written, presentation, and communications skills for developing and delivering technical presentations
- Referenceable project-based experience in a team environment
- Familiarity with a Model-Based Systems and Software Engineering (MBSE) tools such as Cameo Enterprise Architect, Teamwork Cloud and Cameo Cloud Collaborator, Sparx Enterprise Architect or Rational Rhapsody
- Data Profiling, Transformation and Modeling experience
- Experience working with data analytics tools such as Python, R, MATLAB, Tableau or Power BI
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary, dynamic team environment
- Ability to take your current skills and experience and transform them to apply to the military/defense domain
- Experience with multi-disciplinary modeling and simulation
- Deep Data Profiling and Data Modeling experience
- Proficiency in programming languages for quantitative analyses (ex. Mathematica, Python, R)
- Knowledge of Analysis of Alternatives, Verification and Validation, Design of Experiments and data analytics
- Data Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) experience
- Experience working with and understanding XML and XSD files
- Technical writing (e.g. data definitions) experience
Wingbrace LLC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic. We value each individual and empower our people to fearlessly drive lasting change.
Wingbrace is a software and technical services company focused on the delivery of solutions for our clients. We produce software, develop architectures, code and operate modeling and simulation systems, and build decision support systems -- rapidly and effectively.
We consider successful outcomes as our metric, and our client engagements benefit from a depth of understanding of organizational, cultural and mission issues, yielding speed and integration of critical capabilities.
Service-disabled veteran owned, our culture is collaboration and performance with a commitment to diversity and the values it conveys. We actively support a variety of open and secure environments. We have prime and subcontractor relationships with government and large corporate partners.
We are developers. Our ethos arises from the discipline of the deliverable and our efficiency from an unburdened approach to using the best tools and products for our client. Our compass is innovation, leading