Clinical Research Assistant II
Clinical Research Assistant II
Lower Extremity Team
Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Under general supervision coordinates activities of daily operations of clinical research studies. Responsible for the screening, consenting, recruitment, and selection of patients for studies. Prepares IRB and/or CCI documentation and submissions in conjunction with the Principal Investigator and/or other members of the research team. Conducts data collection activities and prepares analytical reports regarding results of studies. Assists in writing articles and summary papers for various publications.
*To qualify, you must have a Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant clinical research experience. Bench/lab research will be reviewed only if accompanied of clinical research experience. At least two-year commitment necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consent and recruit patients for research studies through personal interviews and written communications with patients/families (prospective, surveys, RCTs).
- Provide detailed background information regarding studies to families, communicate all policies and procedures, and respond to all inquiries.
- Evaluate the suitability of prospective study candidates and make selections based on each study’s clinical knowledge.
- Serve as liaison to the families/patients in the research studies, conducted at both on-site and off-site locations, guiding and advising them throughout each phase of the study.
- Coordinate follow-up visits as necessary.
- Act as a resource to study participants, addressing their concerns.
- Troubleshoot the resolution of any issues that may arise throughout the study.
- Coordinate and prepares the necessary documentation for Institutional Review Board IRB and Committee on Clinical Investigations CCI submissions, together with the Private Investigator of the study.
- Create and prepare data collection statistical reports and analytical summaries for distribution to the study research team for review and analysis.
- Write articles and summary papers of studies for submission to medical journals, as may be requested/necessary. Participate in the training of newly hired research study assistants, as required.
- Coordinate activities between the hospital and external collaborators.
- Communicate project policies and procedures to personnel.
- Monitor and review data collection and entry and informed consent procedures, ensuring consistency of application for each study.
- Perform other miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned or required i.e Monthly meeting agendas.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant work experience.
- Analytical skills to gather and interpret data in which the information or problems are moderately complex to complex.
- Well-developed communication skills to provide critical information to patients, effectively deal with conflicting views or issues, and mediate fair solutions.
- Advanced writing skills.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a rotating days/evenings and weekend schedule, affordable health, vision, and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Flu, (unless you are eligible for a medical or religious exemption).
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.