Math Camp Staff Assistant
Epsilon Camp is a two-week residential summer program serving exceptional young mathematicians (ages 7-12) and their families through an intensive student program and parent workshop. Epsilon Camp is seeking a qualified individual to fill a position of Staff Assistant. The person hired for this position will work closely with the Camp Director and other Epsilon senior staff.
Compensation for this position will be a base salary of $2000, room and board, and travel expenses to and from camp. Epsilon Camp 2023 will run from Sunday, July 9 to Sunday, July 23 on the campus of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Staff Assistant must be on site from Wednesday, July 5 to Monday, July 24. In addition, several tasks will need to be completed remotely in the weeks leading up to the program (see below).
- Assist with researching and planning weekend field trips, including transportation
- Set up a Slack workspace to be used by attending families prior to and during camp
- Set up ways for staff members to communicate on site (e.g., GroupMe)
- Assist with renting a copier/printer for the camp office
- Assist with t-shirt order and pickup
- Facilitate the setup of the camp office, including copier/printer setup
- Ensure classroom technology readiness, including audio, video, microphones, etc.
- Facilitate remote conferencing as needed (e.g., via Zoom)
- Assist faculty and staff with IT or other classroom needs throughout the program
- Perform last-minute shopping for camp office supplies, materials for faculty, etc.
- Assist with transportation needs of faculty and staff
- Facilitate the packing, unpacking, storage, and shipping of camp property at the beginning and end of the program
Other (on site):
- Assist in handling parent inquiries
- Facilitate interactions between families and university staff
- Track field trip rosters, wait lists, waivers, and payments in the days leading up to the field trips; ensure smooth running of the field trips
- Assist parent volunteers with yearbook order and pickup
- Miscellaneous operational tasks as assigned by the Camp Director
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to problem solve
- Confidence in working autonomously, and willingness to ask questions for guidance when uncertain
- Experience with setting up and troubleshooting classroom technology, including audio, video, projectors, microphones, etc.
- Fluency with Google Workspace and video conference applications (e.g., Zoom)
- Possession of a well-functioning laptop with wireless internet connection capabilities
- Driver’s license (valid in the U.S.) and a good driving record
- Eligibility to drive a rental car in the U.S. (age 25 or older), or access to a non-rental vehicle for the duration of the camp
- Eligibility to work in the US (citizen or resident alien)
- Excitement for mathematics; preferably a student or degree holder in math or related field
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter, explaining how you heard about Epsilon Camp and detailing your interest in and qualifications for the position
- Resume listing related work experience
- Names, positions, and email addresses of three professional references
Please note that Miami University campuses are designated Smoke Free Environments. Smoking and all tobacco related products are prohibited in all University owned facilities and on all University owned grounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all camp attendees, including faculty and staff. All participants are required to be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, including any boosters recommended by the CDC at the time of camp.
Please email Natalya Hung, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Application deadline: March 1, 2023