Summer Data Analytics and Insights Internship
We’re Precision – an integrated strategy and marketing agency working with companies, causes, and candidates that change people’s minds and move them to action. We’ve won presidential elections, defined Fortune 50 brands, shaped public opinion, and created movements from the ground up. Don’t just break through. Break new ground.
Precision is committed to building a diverse team that will positively and authentically impact the communities we serve. Centering our strategies around the authentic voices and cultures of the communities we are engaging with is paramount to our work – and our work can only be as inclusive as our team is representative. We strongly encourage women, Black, Latino, Hispanic, AAPI, and Indigenous people, LGBTQ+, gender expansive or GNC folks, people of all ages, disabled people, and veterans to apply.
Precision Strategies is now accepting applications for interns to join our Analytics and Insights team in our Washington, D.C. or New York office this summer. This is a paid internship, and undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate students are eligible to apply. Summer internships will start in June run through the end of August 2023 though dates are flexible. We ask that interns be able to commit at least 35 hours a week.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Providing support to our team on a variety of corporate, nonprofit, and political clients
- Compiling both qualitative and quantitative data from a series of data sources for reporting and analysis (including Meltwater, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Quid, Buzzsumo, Pollfish, Google Analytics, and more)
- Reading and categorizing digital content samples (including articles, tweets, and posts)
- Creating short analyses of data sets (including through both written summaries and data visualization)
- Doing independent desk research to augment qualitative understanding of data sets
- Slide building for ongoing monitoring reports and deeper analysis
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong analytical mindset, with an interest in tackling complex problems
- A professional communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Interest in working on a broad range of projects and the ability to jump into new assignments quickly
- Experience with research—either academically or in past positions or internships
- Experience with the Microsoft suite and Google Suite (Particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Slides)
- Attention to detail and willingness to take on new challenges
Due to the pandemic, we required all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. We are currently working in a hybrid model and require staff to work in the office 10 days a month.