YoungStar Deputy Director of Content
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Are you a socially conscious, dedicated individual who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their communities? If so, join us as we support early childhood education programs across the country to create positive outcomes for the children and families served.
The YoungStar Deputy Director of Content is responsible for leading the creation and deployment of high-quality, culturally and linguistically responsive content and training for a diverse set of early care and education and school-age care providers. With a commitment to equity principles, the Deputy Director sets the strategy and curates the roadmap for professional learning and content that enables providers to become more effective in their work, with emphasis on a performance-based, learner-centered approach. The role orientates all content developers towards our instructional design philosophy and principles, and serves as an ongoing design consultant to each member of the content team. The Deputy Director will directly supervise a Content Development Manager and lead a team of Content Specialists. The role uses project management to communicate, convene and coordinate meetings and track design milestones and deadlines. The Deputy Director collaborates with and
directs the work of relevant partners and subcontractors. Additionally, they will serve as a member of both the YoungStar and Shine Public System Leadership Teams.
**The location of this position is based in Wisconsin**
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Serves as a member of the leadership team, which includes supporting the Project Director in meeting all goals through continuous improvement and refinement.
Leads and directs cross-functional team collaborations and develops the content development strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the project.
Manages budget for all content development.
Creates and maintains consistent standards and quality assurance processes for all content development.
Utilizes data from programs, advisory committees, the state of WI, partners, and new research in the field to anticipate training needs, strategically prioritize content production and deployment to online platforms, develop in-person facilitated sessions, and convene peer learning opportunities.
Collaborates with and leads identified programmatic subcontractors.
Ensures all content development related project performance goals meet or exceed contract requirements.
Provides strategic and operational recommendations to the Project Director and company leadership to achieve project goals, efficient operations, high quality service delivery, and new content initiatives and partnerships.
Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
Collaborates with leaders and colleagues across Shine to advance professional learning and content development and deployment.
* Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development or related field, Master’s degree preferred
* Experience in a related field such as early childhood educations, adult education, and/or professional development
* 5 years experience in instructional design, including the development of on-demand eLearning
* Experience with in-person and virtual training/facilitation and in an educational setting
* High level of proficiency with eLearning software such as Adobe Captivate
* Experience or advance training in adult learning strategies and/or learning management systems (e.g. Cornerstone, Blackboard, Moodle)
* Specialized training around implicit bias, anti-bias ECE programming, equity, inclusion, or related area
* Recognized as a Master Trainer and/or Approved Consultant through the Wisconsin Registry’s Professional Development Approval System (PDAS)
* Background checks are required for this position
* Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions; may increase based on project need
Application deadline - January 4th, 2023
This position earns up to 85,000.00 Annually
Why Acelero Learning or Shine Early Learning?
- Ability to make an impact in the lives of the children, families, and partners we serve
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Supportive working environment
- Average of 5 weeks of paid time off during 1st year of employment
- Comprehensive benefits, including 401K matching and 100% vesting program
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
Still have questions about this role or our company? Submit an anonymous question by copying and pasting this link, https://forms.gle/8Wb1t1bQVZi2SfxQ9, into your browser.
Or feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering employment with us!