Research Assistant III
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Organization Facility: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Boston, MA
Day (United States of America)Job Summary: Under limited supervision of the principal investigator, conducts a variety of routine and specialized laboratory tests using molecular, cell biology and/or biochemistry techniques. Performs lab procedures with speed, precision, and understanding of theory behind tests and procedures. Performs Level II responsibilities with a higher level of problem resolution, analytical ability, self-direction, and expertise.
- Performs routine and non-routine laboratory tests which may include DNA sequencing, gene cloning, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, northern blotting; synthesizes and interprets results.
- May operate and maintain moderate to complex lab equipment such as spectrophotometer, flow cytometer, etc.
- Using analytical abilities and sound judgment, makes decisions regarding the reliability and accuracy of results, repeating procedures when necessary.
- May assist with planning specific research procedures and coordinating schedules of tests and procedures.
- May prepare written and/or verbal reports on status of research and the technical procedures used, including statistical and graphic summaries of findings and possible conclusions. May review and proof papers and make informal presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Life Science or a related scientific field required. Master's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Life Science or a related scientific field preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree and two years experience or a Master's degree and one year experience.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.