Communications Manager - Academic/Healthcare Experience Required
Relocation Opportunities Available
The Wake Forest University School of Medicine (WFUSOM) is a U.S. News and World Report top 50 ranked medical school, integrated with a world class health system, Atrium Health. Our Enterprise serves over 7 million patients in seven states across the Southeastern United States. Headquartered in Charlotte, NC, Atrium Health brings together four regional health systems that operate 40 hospitals and more than 1400 care locations. Our academic core, WFUSM, has over $300M in annual, extramural funding that drives a cutting edge Academic Learning Health System by integrating innovative research with excellent patient care across our enterprise. Our highly integrated academic and clinical environment is deeply committed to improve health, elevate hope, and advance healing – for all.
WFUSOM is home to nationally and internationally recognized research in Alzheimer’s Disease, Aging and Mobility, Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes and Obesity, Cancer, Neurosciences, and Regenerative Medicine. Research excellence, coupled with a robust Informatics data infrastructure, clinically integrated implementation science efforts, and a firm commitment to the promotion of health equity renders a rich environment for breakthroughs in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease and improvements in quality of life.
Develop, operationalize, execute, and evaluate from conception through maturation strategic communication programs on behalf of the Dean for the Wake Forest School of Medicine communicating research and education initiatives to internal and external stakeholders. The Communications Manager will co-report to the Administrative Director within the Wake Forest University School of Medicine and the Assistant Vice President for Marketing, Communications & Consumer (MCC).
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of (4) four years’ experience in working in Marketing and Communications in an educational (higher education) and/or health system environment.
- Develop and implement strategic communication plans to effectively communicate School of Medicine initiatives to internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Dean and other senior leadership as part of the School of Medicine.
- Managing all aspects of School of Medicine communications, including social media, newsletters and digital communications, in line with SOM strategic initiatives and Enterprise-wide goals.
- Manage a team of Communication Specialists responsible for research and education content development and dissemination.
- Responsible for maintaining the image and brand of both Atrium Health and Wake Forest University School of Medicine.
- Write and edit content for various communication platforms including featured articles, blogs, websites, social media and print publications.
- In alignment with MCC and SOM goals, promote brand awareness among current stakeholders and ensure new stakeholders are considered as part of organizational growth.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to meet organizational goals, including identifying target audiences and determining their needs.
- Representing an organization by speaking at conferences and community events on behalf of the organization, as appropriate.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to develop and implement short and long-term communication strategy and plans.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high matrixed organizational structure
Please visit https://school.wakehealth.edu/ to learn more about Wake Forest University School of Medicine.