Executive Director, Emerging Technologies
Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus is now accepting applications for the Executive Director, Emerging Technologies position. The Executive Director is responsible for developing and nurturing meaningful activities and collaborations that support the creation and transfer of knowledge and solutions of tech education and practice throughout the region and abroad.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic leadership, oversight and direction including staffing and budgeting
- Directs and manages the annual budget including payroll and purchasing expenditures
- Identifies external funding and revenue opportunities and leads the development of proposals
- Collaborates with the different academic schools to engage college-wide faculty on enhancing innovation and technology in their academic curriculum development efforts
- Collaborates with all the innovation and technology centers of the college to promote tech awareness to our community and increase enrollment from academic programs
- Integrates initiatives, internal and external, that promote and enhance innovation and technology for the college and its ecosystem
- Establishes and updates the plan for international regional initiatives related with innovation and technology education partnerships and advises the College leadership on development plans for the region
- Serves as the liaison between the Innovation and Technology Department and the Academic School and their Centers to maximize the exposure of MDC locally and internationally
- Collaborates with Communications Department on public relations, press, marketing, and advertising strategies related to MDC Tech
- Represents MDC by attending national and international conferences and meetings
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and six (6) years successful experience in areas related to business, technology & innovation with progressive management responsibilities.
- Ability to demonstrate vision, management expertise
- Knowledge, both academic and industry in several of the areas related to MDCTECH (Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Blockchain, AI, Business Technologies)
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in a wide range of business, industry and community partners, strong industry connections and network within the Miami area and abroad
- Ability to supervise, train, and empower staff including prioritizing and scheduling
- Possess strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively written and orally
- Exceptional communication, team building and mentoring skills; strong change agent
- Possess effective leadership, problem solving, negotiation, and decision-making skills to work with College and Campus leaders
- Ability to create and deliver training and educational services
- Demonstrated ability to provide personal and professional ethical standards
All applications must be submitted online by visiting www.mdc.edu/jobs.