Bilingual Outreach Coordinator
NADAP, Inc. is a multiservice non-profit agency dedicated to helping people with medical, behavioral health and social service needs to become self-sufficient. NADAP programs assist disadvantaged populations in New York City and Nassau County. NADAP's services include health insurance enrollment, assessment, care coordination, case management, professional training, job preparation and placement services. NADAP is dedicated to building a culturally diverse workforce, one that aspires to promote an environment that welcomes and supports diversity, equity, inclusion and affirms equal opportunities for all.
Visit us at www.nadap.org.
The Outreach Coordinator (OC) is a field-based role that provides written, face to face and telephonic outreach, engagement, enrollment, and orientation services for all referred members while at NADAP offices, embedded at an offsite location, or in the community. The Outreach Coordinator will work closely with community-based partners to identify, assess, and enroll as many referred clients as possible. They will act as a liaison between organizations by conducting presentations and facilitating relationship development. The OC will have the opportunity to build and secure relationships with community organizations. Skillsets such as public speaking, time management, and data collection will be developed in this role. Overall, the Outreach Coordinator should be a dynamic individual who has the ability to adapt to different working environments.
• Provide progressive, meaningful and engaging face to face outreach and orientation services for each referred member. Actively seek referrals from partner agencies and through fieldwork in the community to meet enrollment targets.
• Enter contact notes documenting all outreach efforts within 2 business days of attempted/completed service delivery. Maintain accurate case records in HHDB and assigned EHR systems (e.g., process discharges in a timely fashion) as outlined in the program policy and procedure. Ensure that notes in HHDB and HH system are mirrored and up to date.
• Provide orientation, intake and screening for all referred members. Complete all required enrollment, screening, assessment tools and consent forms mandated by the Health Home and/or NADAP policy & procedure. Maintain regular follow up on cases as needed from point of referral to Health Home enrollment disposition.
• Completes re-engagement activities for clients who are disengaged or pended.
• Ensure that each enrolled member is transitioned to a care coordinator via a warm hand-off (as approved by supervisory team and per policy and procedure guidelines).
• Maintain positive rapport with all affiliated community-based partners; proactively assist in the identification and troubleshooting of barriers that exist in creating successful relationships with identified vendors through clear communication with direct supervisor(s) on and off site. Provide prompt reports on referred clients and enrollment outcomes to assess program success.
• Provide in-service training to inform all community-based partner staff of NADAP and Health Home services. Attend team meetings.
• Uphold all HIPAA regulations and confidentiality protocols to record each interaction with every client served (including demographic and diagnostic information). Report possible infractions to direct supervisor immediately.
• Utilize telephonic and electronic outreach, internet databases, E.H.R.(s), NADAP databases, coordination with referring entities/providers, and ePaces searches to obtain valid contact, insurance, demographic and Tx engagement information as needed to locate eligible participants and coordinate enrollment, follow up, and needed status updates for each client.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Formal Education: High School
Candidate must be fluent in Spanish
Experience: 1 Year
Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require typing, CRT, record keeping, or word-processing. May have need for good communication skills.
Updating of Knowledge: The knowledge required to perform this job once learned tends to require infrequent changes, but when changes occur they tend to be minor.