Prospect Development & Research Intern
Date: Spring 2023
Title: Prospect Development & Research Intern
Reports to: Manager, Prospect Research
Autism Speaks is seeking a Prospect Development & Research Intern for the winter/spring semester! This is a 10–12 week remote program and students must be eligible for academic credit.
PURPOSE: To provide a hands-on opportunity to undergraduate or graduate students interested in pursuing a career in the nonprofit industry.
This position will introduce the candidate to prospect research, fundraising and operations at a national non-profit.
The intern will receive training in prospect research, fundraising, and operations. Responsibilities include:
- Providing support to Prospect Development & Research, Corporate Initiatives, Major Gifts & Foundations, and Field teams
- Conducting research on various philanthropists, corporate entities, and foundations
- Assisting with various assigned projects that serve the department’s information and data needs
- Attending weekly fundraising operations meetings and additional team meetings, as needed
- Updating records using StratusLIVE database
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Interested in pursuing a career in the nonprofit industry
- Interest in prospect research, fundraising, and/or operations preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong organizational skills, pays attention to detail, and follows up on tasks
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Curious and inquisitive with a willingness to learn about research tools, donor databases, and technology
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
- Proficient in Office 365, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Demonstrates strong intuition, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.