Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Morning Opener)
East End House (“EEH”), a non-profit multi-service social service organization, is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to assist with opening protocols and procedures in the morning. The hours for this position are 7 a.m. to 12 Noon, Monday through Friday, five days per week. Hours are flexible, but start time must be at the latest 7:30 a.m. This position is a 25-hour a week position temporary, exempt position, with the potential for the expansion of hours and possible transition to a permanent position.
This position will focus on providing critical administrative and front office operating support, including receiving and monitoring guests, answering phones, composing and typing correspondence and other documents, and performing other functions as needed. East End House is an equal opportunity employer.
Essential job responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees reception duties, including answering phones and greeting consumers, families and guests
- Perform clerical duties including typing, filing, copying and other duties as assigned
- Manage supply requisition process
- Maintain office equipment, including liaising with relevant contractors and service providers
- Serve as a liaison with vendors, including maintenance, electricians, plumbers, etc.
- Keep an inventory and purchase office and cleaning supplies
- Assist the Marketing and Development Coordinator with administrative, marketing and development functions as needed
- Assist Program Directors with program-specific tasks as needed
- Assists with general agency functions and logistics planning
- Maintain a pleasant work environment
- Perform other responsibilities as needed
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree preferred or 2 years’ equivalent experience
- Professionalism and excellent people skills; customer service-focused
- Strong work ethic, team skills, and attention to detail required
- Proficiency in Excel and Word preferred
- Highly proactive and action-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on tasks assigned
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi task
- Desire for professional growth and to accept increasing responsibilities
- A Criminal Offenders Records Information and Sexual Offenders Records Information request must be completed
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Michael Delia at East End House, 105 Spring Street, Cambridge, MA 02141. Electronic submissions may be made to: email@example.com.
East End House provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, East End House complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.