Long-Term Substitute Teacher
Educational Service Center of Central Ohio
ESC of Central Ohio - website
We’re seeking motivated, caring and licensed long-term substitute teachers to join our team. Long-term substitute teachers work directly with students with disabilities in a school setting to help them achieve maximum academic benefits through evaluations and therapeutic interventions. Long-term substitute teachers fulfill the role of key personnel when they are absent from work.
Job Objectives: Implements student learning experiences and collects data. Helps students manage behavior and make appropriate choices. Ensures the safety and supervision of students.
- Valid substitute teacher license from the Ohio Department of Education (Long Term Substitute Teaching License Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree
- Documentation of a clear criminal record
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies
- Training and/or experience in behavioral management techniques is preferred
- Valid driver license
- Reliable transportation
Experience working with students with disabilities
Description: (Full Job Description Attached)
The long-term substitute teacher will be contacted each morning and assigned to a building in which a classroom teacher (intervention specialist,) or other essential staff member, is absent from duty. The Center for Student Services has classrooms located throughout Central Ohio, therefore, long-term substitute teachers are expected to drive to different classroom locations. The long-term substitute teacher will be working with students with special needs in a public school setting.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations, however, the list below is not ranked in order of importance or intended to be all inclusive.
- Must be available daily from 7:00am until 4:00pm to accommodate different building hours.
- Teaches scheduled classes and ensures that lesson plans are followed.
- Provides community-based instruction when appropriate.
- Maintains a positive learning environment and stimulates student interest.
- Completes training and implements Crisis Prevention and Intervention strategies when needed.
Commensurate with experience and in accordance with specified salary schedule.
Director of Special Education
Please complete the employment application through our agency website at www.escco.org.
Job ID: 14125
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE THE ESC OF CENTRAL OHIO?
- Leverage your talents in a meaningful and impactful way
- Directly serve students in Central Ohio
- State Teachers Retirement System (STRS)
- 5 days of paid leave in a full school year
- Medical, vision and dental benefits
- Professional Learning Opportunities | As an educational agency, we value learning and encourage our employees to grow in their professional career through professional learning.