INROADS & Peoples Gas (subsidiary of WEC Energy Group): Intern-Engineering
INROADS is partnering with Peoples Gas. Apply today!!
INROADS (www.inroads.org) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that gives high-potential future executives from culturally, ethnically, and economically diverse backgrounds a competitive advantage in their careers. We provide unparalleled networking opportunities with career-minded peers; year-round professional coaching and guidance from managers; and professional development. We also provide management training that includes career related, paid internships with some of America's top companies. We are seeking undergraduate candidates for paid summer internships with our 200+ corporate partners.
If you would like to be considered for an interview, please complete an online application on our website www.inroads.org/apply and email your resume in WORD format to -email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject Line: Centric: People Gas- Engineering Intern
The Intern will be placed based on their engineering major and interest.
Interns provide engineering support to Gas Engineering staff and gas utility field personnel on gas design, construction, operating, and maintenance projects, engineering analyses, testing, and investigations, while developing engineering skills, technical expertise, interpersonal and communication skills, and project management skills. Assist staff and field project engineers and managers on a wide range of projects in natural gas transmission and distribution.
· Working under the direction of an engineering mentor, assist with analyses and preparation of plans, designs, drawings, specifications, cost estimates, and work procedures for projects in gas transmission and gas distribution. Examples: Review road and public works project plans for conflicts with WEC Energy Group facilities, and develop recommendations to resolve conflicts.
· Analyze commercial and industrial gas load requests and recommend metering and pressure regulating equipment.
· Utilize various computer programs, databases, spreadsheets, etc. to update computer models and perform network studies concerning gas system flow and capacity. Determine optimum design, costs, and economic justification of projects such as
extensions of gas service to new customers or reinforcement of existing facilities to meet increasing gas loads.
· Build working knowledge of natural gas transmission and distribution engineering through exposure to a variety of facilities, construction projects, system maintenance work, and projects in various stages of analysis, design, planning, and execution. Understand application of project management to design and construction projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
Expected start date: May 2023 (Full time during the summer). Option to work year-round may exist.
Location: Intern to be located in city of Chicago
Minimum Experience Required:
· High School Diploma, HSED, or GED
· Current pursuit of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering
· Minimum GPA of 2.8 or above
· Sophomore or Junior status preferred
· Must be available to work full-time during summer 2023. If available, hours may be flexible to accommodate school schedule with part-time work during the school year
· Valid Driver’s License