Engineering Internship - Machine Learning and AI (Masters or PhD, Summer 2023)
About our group:
The Data Analytics (DA) team in Characterization and Analytics Group provides big data analytics, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) technology support for all device physics R&D engineering functional teams in Recording Head Technology organization.
About the role - you will:
• Invent, design and develop algorithms to extract analytical metrics from images to assist with failure root cause understandings.
• Build and architect image analytics solutions using computer vision, Neural Networks, other supervised/unsupervised machine learning algorithms.
• Work closely with device physics R&D engineering subject matter experts and build image analytics models and algorithms.
• Support the implementation and testing in ML Dev/Ops platform.
• Pursuing master’s degree or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Physics fields.
• Demonstrated ability and experience in state-of-the-art image processing, computer vision, image deep learning frameworks such as pytorch and tensorflow.
• Experience with ML libraries such as XGBoost, TensorFlow, or SciKit Learn.
• Experience handling multiple tasks with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
• Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
• Experience with Linux OS and terminal command lines.
• Experience with development of web user interface and backend services is preferred.
• Experience with API microservice architecture, docker, and kubernetes is highly desirable.
• Ability to work independently with proven problem-solving skills and out-of-box thinking mindset.
• Good communication and teamwork skills needed in collaborative cross functional team environment