Research and Business Development Scientist
Opportunities with Viva Ventures Biotech and VVBI Limited
We are a biotech VC fund focuses on investments in global first-in-class biotech with significant growth potential, holding periods 70% up to 3 years on average, 30% long period time, the founders having 20+ years drug discovery track record. Viva Ventures is one of very few biotech VCs that have extensive expertise and industry know-how among CVCs. We have invested in more than 20 portfolio companies at discovery stage with exit plan at IND/Phase I/II/III stage, which is comparatively safe and profitable.
In VVBI Limited，a subsidiary of Viva Ventures Biotech group，our mission is to build, incubate, and invest promising biotechnology startups and NewCo. We are building a leading structure-based, genetic linkage validated integrated drug discovery platform in HK with a number of world-leading technologies and a best practice business model in biotech sector to share the upside of our customers’ IP value.
By joining us, you may have the opportunity to work closely with the best experts in wide range of fields of new drug developing frontier, our close circle of advisory partners who are the well-recognized top scientists in their own particular scientific field with averaged 20 years of working experience in global big pharmas, innovative drug discovery companies and other well-known research institutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The candidates will conduct R&D activities, and work closely with R&D scientists, business executives, suppliers, partner CROs and CDMO/CMCs, and other relevant parties.
- The candidate will be involved in the whole progress of drug discovery from the early stage of drug development to clinical proof-of-concept (PoC), including the screening and optimization of hit/lead compounds/antibodies in terms of PK/PD, efficacy, safety etc., the determination of preclinical candidate compounds (PCC), regulatory filings, and first-in-human trials.
- Knowledge with registration and filings procedures with the FDA and NMPA and other key regulatory agencies, as well as various funding organizations will be a plus
- A PhD degree is required
- The candidates’ education background should be drug discovery/development relevant scientific/biotechnology disciplines including pharmacology, oncology immunology, AI-based drug discovery, gene/cell therapy, molecular/cellular biology, or small/big animal experiments. Experience in PK/PD and IND-enabling GLP studies will be a plus.
- With 1-2 years’ industrial experience in drug discovery, which may include academic experience at drug discovery institutions.
- Fresh graduates are also welcome.
- Demonstrated track record in new drug development and research field.
- Has a strong grasp over budgeting and project planning and control.
- Ability for critical thinking, problem solving and innovation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both oral and written; good interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, a strong desire to learn, contribute and collaborate.