Analyst – Investment Solutions
Security Benefit (SB), a leader in the retirement market, is seeking an Investments Analyst to join the Investments Team. This position will be focused on helping the Investment Solutions Team with private financing activities and creating financing solutions for different types of investments. This position will be based in Topeka office. SB associates are working in a hybrid environment with both remote and on-site work.
Security Benefit fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Our annuities and retirement programs are distributed through a broad network of advisors and representatives. As an industry leader in service technology, our affiliates offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the retail retirement marketplace.
The Analyst’s responsibilities will include, among other things:
· Support the team to plan, review and manage private financing activities. Provide strategic recommendations to fund investments originated by the deal team.
· Collaborate with multiple teams, including but not limited to Operations Team, Investment Accounting Team, Legal Team, to ensure efficient and timely completion of fundings.
· Assist loan portfolios' management, including interest calculation, financing, pricing, audit/finance/investment operation requests, legal documentation, regulatory matters, analytics review, and performance update.
· Responsible for ad hoc and periodic reporting and projects on portfolios of assets and specific investments. Prepare and assist internal and external parties with reviewing and analyzing data and reports for completeness, validity and reasonableness, and reports/processes automation.
· Ensure the existing assets are compliant with the evolving investment policies, regulatory requirements and rating agency constraints faced by the insurance company.
· Form and maintain business relationships by interfacing with borrowers and other counterparties.
· Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Data Science or related fields
· Experience requirements range from new graduate to 1 year experience in a Finance/Investment Operations/Data/Reporting role
· Ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, outside-the-box thinker, well organized and detailed oriented, possess a strong desire to understand complex transactions and situations in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Robust skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization and develop/maintain external relationships
· Basic understanding of Power Query or Python is a plus
· Progress toward CFA and/or MBA is a plus (support to be provided)
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Security Benefit offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package, including health/dental insurance, Paid Time Off, parental leave, 401(K) match, tuition reimbursement and more! Visit the career section of our website at www.securitybenefit.com/careers to apply and submit your resume. EOE