Investment Analyst - Asset-Based Finance
Unique opportunity to join a small and growing team with $50.5 billion in assets under management. Security Benefit is a leader in the U.S. retirement market whose investment portfolio has consistently delivered industry leading returns through a rigorous and differentiated investment strategy. Your responsibilities will be focused on helping the Asset-Based Finance and Insurance Solutions teams with portfolio position monitoring, analytics evaluation, trade order entry, loan funding and process improvements. This position will be based in the Des Moines office. SB associates are working in a hybrid environment with both remote and on-site work.
We are accepting resumes for candidates who are interested in gaining broad exposure to the investment management industry. The candidate must be team oriented, self-starter with a strong academic background, excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and an interest in investing.
Investment Analyst will assist the Investment Team in gathering and reviewing information on new potential investments such as fixed income securities, high yield bonds, private debt investments and other alternative assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing the existing portfolio of investments by generating financial reports and models
- Interacting with investment technology platforms (Bloomberg, Intex, etc.)
- Collaborates with multiple teams, including but not limited to Operations Team, Investment Accounting Team, Legal Team, to ensure efficient and timely completion of fundings.
- Responsible for ad hoc and periodic reporting on portfolios of assets and specific investments. Prepares and assists internal and external parties with review and analysis of data and reports for completeness, validity and reasonableness.
- Responsible for management of a loan portfolio which includes interest calculation, financing, pricing, audit/finance/investment operation requests, legal documentation, regulatory matters, analytics review, and performance update.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or other related area with a strong academic record
- Related work experience a plus
- Progress toward CFA and/or MBA preferred (support to be provided)
- Ideal candidate will be well organized, detailed oriented, independent, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and short deadlines
- Ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, outside-the-box thinker, possessing a strong desire to understand complex transactions and situations in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization and develop/maintain external relationships
- Robust skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
- Basic understanding of regulatory and rating agency constraints to insurance companies is a plus
Security Benefit offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health/dental insurance, parental leave, 401(K) match, tuition reimbursement, and more! Apply at www.securitybenefit.com/careers and submit your resume. EOE