Brandeis University is delighted to announce a career opportunity for a Research Specialist in the department of Cohen Center for Modern Jewish Studies (CMJS). If you are looking for an opportunity to work at a beautiful university campus with lots of perks including free parking and access to a top of the line athletic facility, look no further! At Brandeis we offer competitive benefits and compensation package which includes medical, dental and life insurances. We also offer a generous paid time off benefit including 15+ holidays. If you hope to advance your career through educational opportunities, Brandeis offers tuition benefits for employees, dependents and spouses. Our 403b retirement savings plan includes a generous match.
The research specialist will provide support for an interdisciplinary, forward-thinking team of researchers and scholars who conduct quantitative and qualitative studies of the American Jewish community. This is an entry-level position with room for growth.
You would be an excellent fit for this position if you have outstanding written and oral communication skills, are detail-oriented and a motivated team player, and if you love to learn new skills in a dynamic work environment. It is an excellent opportunity to explore the world of social science research and apply those skills to help understand the dynamics of the US Jewish community.
Located at Brandeis University, CMJS fosters a nurturing environment that prioritizes personal and professional growth. Intellectual exploration and creative thinking are encouraged along with taking advantage of the many benefits an elite liberal arts university has to offer, including graduate-level courses.
- Serve as the primary support contact during survey administration. Field emails and phone calls from organizations and survey respondents
- Oversee the coding of qualitative survey data
- Train and manage a team of part-time undergraduate research assistants who work on coding, follow-up calling, and other research support tasks
- Manage data collection of online surveys
- Assist in developing, programming, and testing survey instruments in Qualtrics
- Assist with reports and presentations. Make charts, figures, and slides using Excel and PowerPoint
- Work with the full research team on other tasks as needed
- Schedule and conduct phone interviews with respondents
- Potential travel opportunities to conduct observations
- Conduct literature searches and write short summaries
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences or related field
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong team player
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Desire and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Comfort with technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with the US Jewish community
Preferred but not required:
- Training in quantitative methods and statistics
- Experience conducting telephone and/or in-person interviews
- Data visualization skills
- Knowledge of non-English languages including Hebrew, Russian, and/or Spanish