Consultant, Sales and Use Tax - Dallas, TX
The Sales and Use Tax Consultant (“Consultant”) works with a team to identify tax savings opportunities for clients and to gain an understanding of how the client computes each component of the sales and use tax. This includes researching issues, reconciling databases, and completing detailed calculations. The taxing authority verifies the issues, and the Consultant assists the team with this process.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team experience.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
- Travels to client locations to gather and copy tax returns, invoices, purchase orders, and other documentation to use in the audit refund process.
- Reviews documentation and researches issues.
- Works with raw data to complete calculations.
- Drafts filings, such as petitions for redetermination, refund claims, and various other administrative replies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics, Business Computer Information Systems, Economics, Statistics, or other degree w/ Masters in Business Discipline or JD.
- A minimum of 9 credit hours in Accounting or the ability to substitute technical courses for accounting hours, with a 3.0 GPA or higher, and a Major GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Relevant work experience preferred (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Standard indoor working environment.
• Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
• Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm in person and via e-mail and telephone.
• Position requires regular interaction with clients and interface with external vendors in person and via e-mail and telephone.
• Independent travel requirement: Up to 10-20%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran