Capital Markets Operations Analyst (Hybrid - 3 Days in Office)
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Employees, contingent workers and visitors are no longer required to show proof of vaccination to be on-site. Effective January 2023, Freddie Mac’s hybrid work arrangement is 3 days in the office (specifically Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday).
The Investments and Capital Market’s Operations Analyst program is a two-year full-time rotational program that provides recent college grads with the opportunity to gain Capital Markets operations experience across multiple teams within the Investments and Capital Markets division. Each rotation will involve a different operations team and will last for approximately 6 months. The goal of this program is to develop recent college graduates into a best-in-class Operations Analyst at Freddie Mac. You will get a chance to learn, be mentored, and work alongside seasoned operations professionals supporting various trading desks to analyze and support our mission of Making Home Possible.
Investment & Capital Markets supports the liquidity of the mortgage markets and makes funding more available by purchasing mortgage-related securities guaranteed by Freddie Mac and other financial institutions in its investment portfolio. These investments are funded by issuing corporate debt securities. The Operations teams provide direct day to day support to the trading desks responsible for this mission.
In this position, you will provide back-office trade and settlement support to the Liquidity, Debt, Derivatives, and MBS trading desks. You will gain diverse perspectives working across various I&CM Operations teams and will be coached and mentored by senior members of the I&CM Operations Management team.
As you rotate, you will learn how the Capital Markets division functions and interacts with the rest of the firm. Your experience with several teams will provide you a unique learning experience and develop skillsets that will form a strong foundation for a capital markets career.
The program provides various levels of mentorship including members of the I&CM Operations Management team. You will even meet with I&CM executive level mentors to help answer questions and support you throughout your career journey.
Through these rotations, analysts will build the following proficiencies and opportunities:
- Engage in trade analysis and confirmation
- Interact with external Investment banks, Dealers, and Brokers
- Gain a skill set for trade settlement and reconciliation of security and cash accounts
- Learn about different financial products such as repo, derivatives, and mortgage-backed securities
- Acquire knowledge of the primary and secondary mortgage market financial system
- Understand the management of collateral and margin related processes
- Learn and apply advanced excel and macro skills
- Attain professional networking skills and opportunities within the company and industry
- Engage in mentorships to help guide your career and a social community growth
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Availability to begin full time Freddie Mac employment in June 2023
- Graduating with undergraduate degree in Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
- Interested in developing a career in the financial sector and more specifically Capital Markets
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills/concepts
- Be coachable and open to mentorship guidance
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work at a detailed level
- Have a strong problem-solving ability
- Microsoft Office skills required; Additional quantitative skills preferred
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively both in the office and remote
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Time-type:Full timeJob Category:Portfolio Mgmt & TradingFLSA Status:Non-ExemptFreddie Mac provides anticipated base salary ranges where required by law.