Graphic Design Internship (paid, full-time)
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin on March 1. Applications will not be considered after March 15. You must complete your application within three days of starting it for it to be processed.
Expected Duration: 12 weeks
Pay rate: $12/hour
Hybrid Position: This is a hybrid position (required to be in the office on Tuesdays). Applicants must be local to the DC metro area for the duration of their internship assignment to attend select in-person meetings and/or events not on Tuesdays.
Work on a wide range of creative projects in this exciting, fast-paced environment. Receive hands-on professional experience and mentorship while enhancing your design portfolio! As an integral part of Wolf Trap's creative team, you will design signage, program magazine layouts, invitations, print/Web ads, and more.
- Juggle several projects simultaneously and learn how to build production schedules and meet deadlines
- Prepare work for prepress, review proofs, and communicate with printers
- Talented graphic design students with an interest in performing arts or music preferred
- Strong technical skills in Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) on Mac platform
- Strong understanding and appreciation for typography
- HTML and motion graphic skills a plus
- Strong proofreading skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Minimum of three portfolio samples showing type and layout skills required
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact email@example.com. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Wolf Trap Foundation is monitoring and adhering to current federal and state guidelines for COVID workplace safety to protect staff, artists, and patrons.