Marketing Internship (paid, full-time)
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin on March 1. Applications will not be considered after March 15. You must complete your application within three days of starting it for it to be processed.
Expected Duration: 12 weeks
Pay rate: $12/hour
Hybrid Position: This is a hybrid position (required to be in the office on Tuesdays). Applicants must be local to the DC metro area for the duration of their internship assignment to attend select in-person meetings and/or events not on Tuesdays.
Learn the ins and outs of marketing for a nonprofit arts organization in a diverse role that helps drive ticket sales and attendance, while assisting in promotions, events, and more. You will assist with the creation and implementation of advertising campaigns including grassroots outreach, direct mail pieces, email marketing and more.
- Coordinate grassroots marketing efforts to drive ticket sales: CRM list generation for email marketing, flyer distribution, promotions, etc.
- Assist with summer brochure distribution campaign
- Research areas for expanding exposure to targeted audiences
- Assist with planning and implementation of select promotional events both on-site and off-site
- Event Calendar Listings across third party websites
- Content creation for select advertising deliverables
- Research projects as assigned
- Creativity, initiative, organization, and strong attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrates strategic and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of the Washington DC media market and understanding of the performing arts patron a plus
- Marketing students (or related area of study) preferred
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact email@example.com. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Wolf Trap Foundation is monitoring and adhering to current federal and state guidelines for COVID workplace safety to protect staff, artists, and patrons.