Photography Internship (paid, part-time)
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin on March 1. Applications will not be considered after March 15. You must complete your application within three days of starting it for it to be processed.
Expected Duration: 12 weeks (part-time)
Pay rate: $12/hour
Hybrid Position: This is a hybrid position (required to be in the office on Tuesdays and on-site for select events). Applicants must be local to the DC metro area for the duration of their internship assignment to attend select in-person meetings and/or events not on Tuesdays.
Gain experience as a member of a professional in-house creative team at a nonprofit arts organization! Help build the institutional image library at Wolf Trap by capturing, editing, and archiving photographs of onsite events and activities.
- Contribute to the Wolf Trap image library by documenting member and patron experiences using photography
- Study library of Filene Center venue/patron/audience images, and recommend procedure for capturing these moments in a fresh way
- Facilitate cross-departmental communications by assisting others in accessing photo assets
- Talented photography students with enthusiasm for the performing arts
- Access to basic still camera equipment, including a 35 mm digital camera; knowledge of and experience working with a variety of lenses, tripods, flashes, filters, and light kits preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge
- Must upload a document that includes a link to your online portfolio that shows 12-20 samples of your photography work
For additional information, contact email@example.com with questions.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at email@example.com so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Wolf Trap Foundation is monitoring and adhering to current federal and state guidelines for COVID workplace safety to protect staff, artists, and patrons.