Social Media & Multimedia Internship (paid, full-time)
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will begin on March 1. Applications will not be considered after March 15. You must complete your application within three days of starting it for it to be processed.
Expected Duration: 12 weeks
Pay rate: $12/hour
Hybrid Position: This is a hybrid position (required to be in the office on Tuesdays). Applicants must be local to the DC metro area for the duration of their internship assignment to attend select in-person meetings and/or events not on Tuesdays.
Help capture the Wolf Trap experience while enhancing your expertise of visual storytelling! Multimedia/Social Media interns have a hands-on role in telling the Wolf Trap story through visual & digital media. Responsibilities include: assisting with community engagement and content production for Wolf Traps social media channels, documenting select performances and events, and updating our video and photo databases.
- Assist with research and content production of materials related to performances at The Barns and the Filene Center
- Document the Wolf Trap experience using photography and videography
- Serve as House Photographer for select Wolf Trap performances at The Barns and special events. Assist professional photographers during contracted shoots
- Brainstorm, pitch, and create compelling multimedia stories that generate excitement about the Wolf Trap experience and build support for our concerts and program work
- Contribute to management of photo and video archives. This includes selecting best images and edit, color correct, and optimize photos from each assignment; and maintaining a current b-roll library of Wolf Trap activities
- Facilitate cross-departmental communications by assisting others in accessing video and photo assets
- Background in photography and/or videography, either through extracurriculars, academic experience, or professional internship experience
- Background in contributing to management of professional social media accounts; working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram on a professional level
- Good communication & solid writing skills
- Interest & enthusiasm for social media platforms
- Access to basic still camera equipment, including a 35 mm digital camera; knowledge of and experience working with a variety of lenses, tripods, flashes, filters, and light kits preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and video editing software
- Required to upload a photo/video portfolio sample or a document with a link to your online portfolio
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that embraces and encourages different perspectives. We work to reflect and be representative of the communities in which we serve and in which we reside. Qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance or an accommodation in our job application processes should contact email@example.com. An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and providing proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who cannot get vaccinated for bona fide disability or religious reasons should also contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org so they can determine if reasonable accommodations can be made.
Wolf Trap Foundation is monitoring and adhering to current federal and state guidelines for COVID workplace safety to protect staff, artists, and patrons.