Who we are looking for:
Are you the Therapeutic Mentor/ Therapeutic Training and Support we have been looking for to serve our Boston communities? JRI’s Community Based Services division provides care to ensure that families and their children with significant behavioral, emotional, and mental health needs obtain the services necessary for success in the home, school, and community. In this position you will be able to convey your passion for helping others by supporting this mission. Our staff provide services in the communities where the people we serve live, utilizing strength-based and needs-driven choices, offering a team-based approach collaboration with the people we work with that is grounded in culturally competent, individualized services and the use of evidence-based practices.
JRI provides the training so that:
- YOU will be able to provide a variety of community-based services including CBHI services, to children, adolescents and their families. These services include Skill coaching, Job Coaching, Life Skills training, activity planning, community exploration & integration, behavior management, assessment, treatment panning services, crisis management and case management services.
- YOU will maintain positive relationships with outside agencies, families, and other involved parties.
- YOU will serve as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team that works together to find the best and most effective methods of guiding and supporting youth within the community.
- YOU will support the clinical care of youth and their families in a home and community based setting allowing youth to become their best selves within the structure of their home communities.
Bilingual a plus!! We offer a bilingual bonus to any candidate who speaks, reads and writes in a different language that is needed in Boston area other than English.
- Be who you are! JRI is strongly committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment for our employees and the people we serve.
- Access to our excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits.
- Retirement benefits including 401K matched up to $800 a year and pension after 5 years of employment.
- Professional development opportunities such as tuition reimbursement up to almost $4000 per year and discounted tuition rates to select partnership colleges and universities!
- Wellness benefits including access to employee resource groups (including multicultural affinity groups, LGBTQ+ advocacy, employee engagement groups, etc.), self-care resources, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Generous paid time off up to 19 days for full time employees in your first year and much more!
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field from an accredited university with one (1) year of direct relevant experience working with youth and families who require behavior management to address mental health needs OR Associate’s degree in a human services field from an accredited school and one year of experience working with the target population
- Experience working with children is required. Candidates who have experience working with community mental health are preferred.
- Able to obtain and interpret information in terms of the needs of emotionally fragile, mentally ill youth and their families; understanding of the range of interventions and treatment required by this population.
- Maintains valid driver’s license and has daily access to a working vehicle that is insured and inspected, as transporting youth is required.
- Background and driving record checks will be performed.
JRI is strongly committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment for our employees and the people we serve. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. JRI is an equal opportunity employer.